Thinking about this and it's probably for the best. Global Force isn't the sexist name out there but who actually refers to TNA now as Impact Wrestling. The names were linked so closely it's still TNA to me at least if I reference it. Over time I can see GFW being easily referenced without the old name whereas Impact just seemed like a trim down. Perhaps if they had gone all out with it in 2011 things would be different now but I doubt it. 

Interested to see the direction of how they broadcast moving forward. 

Going off Jeff's comments regarding on Demand, they look to be heading in the WWE Network direction which is the right way to go and perhaps these partnerships would add more international content? Don't forget who the owners are and what they're background is. 

Get (lets say) 100k people to sign up at $5 a month (what the price is in the UK now) and they could be onto something. 

• Paid Members

after Slammiversary doesn't Impact's format change going forward? i remember reading that when Jarrett took over they were going to keep things ticking over and tweak things until Slaminversary, then really bring in the changes post-show.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

after Slammiversary doesn't Impact's format change going forward? i remember reading that when Jarrett took over they were going to keep things ticking over and tweak things until Slaminversary, then really bring in the changes post-show.

According to his interview on SI. Probably next year, they're making some changes but next year will be year one of the 5 year plan. 

Interesting times.

To be fair, I've really been enjoying Impact since it came onto Spike and I'm really loooking forward to Slammiversary. It's an easy to follow wrestling show that offers something different, production wise, to WWE. Feels more gritty and reminiscent of WWF in the late 90s in regards to how it's presented, quick matches and lots of good videos and backstage bits. For al its criticisms TNA always do a good job of making sure everyone on the roster has a defined character.

On the note of Slammiversary, does anyone know if Spike are showing it advert free? I've got to be up early and am out all day and night Tuesday, I could afford to stay up to midnight but if they have ads a 3 hour wrestling show suddenly turns into a near 4 hour one and its getting late then

• Paid Members

Fan Interaction is hosted from the hotel the TNA boys are staying at this weekend, so Nakamura is probably there to knock about with Marafuji. Florida's a very small world when it comes to wrestlers. Its like the home base for every promotion these days.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay