Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2017 at 4:32 PM, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

I literally FF'ed through four weeks of shows last night just to see Scott Steiner doing a Skype call.

Only other thing I noticed was how much this

DPP_0396.jpg.31e641a41f6e7bf4298815a5c0637660.jpg

 

 

 

Genuinely one of the strangest feuds ive ever seen. The skits and set-up is full on comedy but the actual altercations are very violent, beating each other with a rubber hammer and whatnot. Just an odd set up.

Edited by Egg Shen
  • Paid Members
Posted

Global Force has officially been bought (yeah right) by Anthem. Hard to believe it was almost two years ago that I went to what felt like an empty arena GFW show in Las Vegas, having been such buzz after their first well attended taping.

Posted
14 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Global Force has officially been bought (yeah right) by Anthem. Hard to believe it was almost two years ago that I went to what felt like an empty arena GFW show in Las Vegas, having been such buzz after their first well attended taping.

Would not surprise me if Bound for Glory is held in Vegas this year.

Be nice if they released the shows.

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's why they rehired Don West, a brown bag special is now just a hundred of those and a Willow mask.

Haha, tremendous!

Posted

They also did Eric Young plastic beards and a Suicide/Manik one which looked horrendous. You were better off getting the regular mask. They looked like the stuff you'd get alongside the knock off wrestlers at Poundland. I did get one of those Willow masks. Probably a good time to get it as I've no idea how I'd manage with 100 Jarrett promos and what I'd do with them.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's why they rehired Don West, a brown bag special is now just a hundred of those and a Willow mask.

Just how much stock did they actually have? They've been trying to cut back for years, just burn it all and move on.

Posted

Impact finally returned to the Top 10 shows on Spike UK for the week ending 18th June with 118,000 viewers after a long absence.

Steiner presumably.

Posted

That conference call was interesting. The bit with Joseph Parks phoning in was quite fun. Steiner was a hoot as ever

I find it somewhat depressing to hear what the 'media' is now though. 90% of those calling up were just fans that run a podcast or something, thinking this is a Q&A session. Barely anyone mentioned the event this was supposed to promote.

Posted

The tag title match being LAX VS Drago/Fantasma vs Ishimori/Marafuji vs Garza jr/Laredo Kid makes me really want to see it. I hope they give it some time.

The card is a bit weird. I think half the matches look really good and half a bit shit. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, alanchiz said:

That conference call was interesting. The bit with Joseph Parks phoning in was quite fun. Steiner was a hoot as ever

I find it somewhat depressing to hear what the 'media' is now though. 90% of those calling up were just fans that run a podcast or something, thinking this is a Q&A session. Barely anyone mentioned the event this was supposed to promote.

any links to the press conference?

I wouldn't expect anything less with the 'press' though, podcasts/dirtsheets are the MMA media.

Im actually really up for Slammiversary, i've followed the build to this more than any build in years, mainly due to the Spike TV thing and Impact basically being an hour a week when i cut through some fo the shit i don't wanna see (The Knockouts).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...