Steiner looked like a star (of course) but that whole segment seemed totally backwards. Heel getting the surprise pop spot, babyfaces doing the ridiculous overselling and running away, badass heel chasing them out of the building. Hardly makes me want to root for the good guys. 

• Paid Members

Jesus, that was terrible. The crowd don't appear to know who he is. Parks overacting is embarrassing and JB's bug eyes are no better. Steiner looked good and whacked a plant but those fuckwits ruined it.

• Paid Members

Tiger Rick, you are right of course. I'm going back a few years now, but I could swear there wasn't as long a gap when they used to tape in the Impact Zone before starting those costly 'on the road' tapings.  Can anyone recall?

Love me some Big Poppa Pump but fucking hell, ZERO reaction he got there. Dreadful stuff

Exhibit A why I don't watch this show. 

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

That period on Virgin 1 was during that spell where Russo hit the reset switch and was booking some surprisingly coherent stuff.No swerves, no stupid angles, just surprisingly straighforward wrestling. Things were looking interesting for a few weeks then the Hogan-Bischoff era started and threw it all out of the window again.

• Paid Members

I tried to watch it the other night. Up first was a tag match with I assume Hector Garza's kid and a lad I didn't know against two lads I didn't know, managed by Homicide and calling themselves LAX.

Thought I'd try and stick with the show until I saw something approaching a direction featuring what would obviously be the more important characters... in the very next segment I got Magnus arguing about whether he'd get a title shot... with Bruce fucking Prichard. That was enough for me. That one segment told me "it's not for you, raid" so I gave up on wrestling for another night. Bruce fucking Prichard. No.

• Paid Members

TNA's always going to have that WWE C show vibe to it isnt it? The funny thing is, their producer Kevin Sullivan, director Keith Mitchell and Jeremy Borash are really fucking clever with the technology and editing. The backstage stuff on a shoe string is wonderful. Borash was shooting for Konnan's Crash promotion in 4k the last month and it looked great. Their backstage stuff looks very slick, but they you have the disconnect of the same of shite storylines they were doing at the Fairgrounds back in 2002 with the feuding announcers and world champions who get stripped of the belt and the referees bumping all over. They could have a cool show on their hands if they had better ideas and a better structure to the program.

• Paid Members

I'm really enjoying Impact at the moment. It's probably down to the fact that it's been a while since ive followed a weekly show and that im bored senseless with the WWE. It's a decent 90 minute watch, especially with the random nature of the programming at the moment.

Following on from what Ian said though, the pre-tapes and video packages are really good, there's some shite in there but im enjoying the variety across the show.