• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Fucking hell.  Touchy much, Jeff? 

Not at all but I do get irritated when its pretty obvious what they're doing (I didn't read spoilers either). You used to be able to build things in wrestling without people complaining or assuming things will be shit. I've seen some good stuff from Impact lately since I started to watch with Jarrett's regime returning i.e Low Ki's return and new gimmick, Rebirth of the X Division and so on. I much prefer it now than the "so bad its good" laughing stock under the Hardys/Billy Corgan (obviously not alone since the avg rating has gone up since they left, actual numbers are better than a bit of praise on Twitter) and drama with Dixie.

Right so I'm a retarded Mecca poster now because I'm against the consensus mindset here is that Impact is shit? Fuck me give me risperidone.

Edited by Psygnosis

For me, Slammiversary is their first actual PPV that isn't a glorified episode of TV in donkey's years and having a bunch of eternally irrelevant GFW gubbins is not a good move. Even if it's to crown undisputed champs or whatever. How many fresh starts do they need? 

I'll reserve my judgment and check it out though, cos fuck me they're actually doing a PPV. 

They need to try do at least 4 a year in future, even if they're Internet things. I'd keep track of impact but I'm just not interested enough to dip into their extremely inconsistent 2 hour telly

ROH manage to keep you in the loop from big show to the next without having to watch the TV show, so why can't Impact? 

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

For me, Slammiversary is their first actual PPV that isn't a glorified episode of TV in donkey's years and having a bunch of eternally irrelevant GFW gubbins is not a good move. Even if it's to crown undisputed champs or whatever. How many fresh starts do they need? 

I'll reserve my judgment and check it out though, cos fuck me they're actually doing a PPV. 

They need to try do at least 4 a year in future, even if they're Internet things. I'd keep track of impact but I'm just not interested enough to dip into their extremely inconsistent 2 hour telly

ROH manage to keep you in the loop from big show to the next without having to watch the TV show, so why can't Impact? 

I won't try and influence that judgment, but they are trying which I give them credit for. But they shouldn't go out of their way to please everybody. It usually results in the "throwing shit and hoping it sticks" approach.

The previous "restarts" were Dixie putting a lick of paint on everything, but it was still "TNA" and had the stench of her presence she brought in Billy Corgan as "president" but really it was two cheeks on the same arse. With Anthem there now I believe this is a true rebrand. Jarrett has stated he wants more PPVs so who knows there. They have been plugging Slammiversary for weeks (2 months from now) so they have started to take that "in the loop" approach.

Edited by Psygnosis

36 minutes ago, Psygnosis said:

Not at all but I do get irritated when its pretty obvious what they're doing (I didn't read spoilers either). You used to be able to build things in wrestling without people complaining or assuming things will be shit. I've seen some good stuff from Impact lately since I started to watch with Jarrett's regime returning i.e Low Ki's return and new gimmick, Rebirth of the X Division and so on. I much prefer it now than the "so bad its good" laughing stock under the Hardys/Billy Corgan (obviously not alone since the avg rating has gone up since they left, actual numbers are better than a bit of praise on Twitter) and drama with Dixie.

Right so I'm a retarded Mecca poster now because I'm against the consensus mindset here is that Impact is shit? Fuck me give me risperidone.

I have watched  the last 2 shows and I really enjoyed them and found them easy watches. Both episodes have also had a minimum of 2 really good decent length matches. Characters like James Storm and Moose I can easily get behind, I am strangely enjoying Kongo Kong, I would like to see Lashley vs Alberto. I liked the look of the X Division with the 6 man, I hope to see more of Desmond Xavier and also think Sydal is a great addition who I think will beat Low Ki at Slammiversary and will later make a heavyweight. I like the use of squash matches. The only problems I really have is the tag division only seems to have 2 teams with blokes from war and LAX (who I do like) and the Knockouts has Rosemary (again I like) with others who are a bit pants. 

I am glad I decided to start watching Impact again after months-years of not, I like it.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Psygnosis said:

All GFW titles are getting killed off at Slammiversary to bring in the new "unified" belts. Simple enough to understand. 

What value is there to the GWF belts? Genuine question because that arc is a simple story which does well if both sets of belts are presented as meaningful and the audience buys into that. 

Where one of those two are missing its normally shit.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

What value is there to the GWF belts? Genuine question because that arc is a simple story which does well if both sets of belts are presented as meaningful and the audience buys into that. 

Where one of those two are missing its normally shit.

There is none, its just a way to introduce the new belts that are currently being made.

• Paid Members

Dunno if anyone is aware but if you use the Channel 5 app (My5) they list an episode of Xplosion each week on top of Impact that's on Spike. The episodes are exclusive to the app.

Edited by Egg Shen

5 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Dunno if anyone is aware but if you the Channel 5 app (My5) they list an episode of Xplosion each week on top of Impact that's on Spike. The episodes are exclusive to the app.

On an episode they said on Spike on Tuesday. I was only h\lf listening so not sure if it was the channel saying that or someone on impact talking about it in US. Either way does anything actually happen on Xplosion.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Either way does anything actually happen on Xplosion.

I watched one in bed last night, its a mix of dark matches, classic 'TNA' matches and skits/video packages. Passable hour.

• Paid Members
On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, Psygnosis said:

Its like companies aren't allowed to build storylines anymore that or there is no patience for a wrestling fan these days.

That's the exact opposite of what's happening, though. Impact aren't building storylines, they just had a bunch of lads with new belts show up and expect us to care. A championship isn't important because it's a shiny belt, it's important because of how it's booked, and the prestige that lends it - a title belt for a promotion that doesn't even exist and which we've been given no reason to care about beyond Jeff Jarrett saying, "this is important" is not long-term storytelling.

Impact didn't make the Top 10 shows for Spike UK for the week ending April 30th. A dropoff from the debut would be expected I think but this number would have been somewhere between 90-120,000 I believe. The lead-in show which was a Police Interceptors episode (which is very popular on the 5 channels along with 'Can't Pay....') had 134,000.