• Paid Members

Abyss was shit in the weekly PPV days and shit from the start of the sting feud on. 

There was a moment where he was fun as the garbage bumblefuck spot on the card when TNA had its three ring circus spell of something for everyone:

Bigish name old guys on top / Bigish name old guys vs hot homegrown prospect 

Fast paced flip flop in the middle sold as a big deal

Tag team feuds (a novel throwback to the old days at the time) 

Slice and dice thumbtack, chair and barbwire bollocks 

He had a short shelf life and massively over delivered on the thimble full of talent he has. 

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Joseph Parks was the best thing Abyss ever did by a long shot. It baffles me why they even bothered to turn him back into Abyss.

Didn't they establish him as being Abyss the whole time? I thought he was brilliant. Fantastic character.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, but I can't see this as a good thing. Nobody should take bumps they don't need to these days. Especially not in TNA!

Nah despite getting paid to do so? He helped get over LAX by having them kill him and Decay.

"DUH ITS TNA HE SHOULDN'T DO IT ANYWAY" really doesn't make any difference and is a fucking laughable mindset.

Edited by Psygnosis

Impact is going downhill at a rate of knots for me, just watched this weeks show, it's all over the bloody place. What is going on with this GFW stuff, it is literally the centrepiece of the show, Matt Morgan and Magnus had a fucking dreadful match for the belt, then the main event was a match to determine the number one contender to that belt. Lashley, the Impact champ had a 30 second back stage promo. THE FUCK.

Has there been an on air explanation for all this, because if you are a run of the mill TNA viewer you are surely wondering what the fuck is GFW and why do I care, in fact I'm aware of GFW and I'm thinking why do I care, Jeff Jarrett has spent about 3 years in meetings and bought some belts off Highspots and it's suddenly the focus of a TV Show. Has Jeff, Karen, Bruce Prichard or anybody come on the show and said "This is the GFW Title" this is what it means and it will be incorporated in to the show going forward. Putrid shit this show was.

Good match between Sydal and Edwards though, and Eddie's bird is fit so there is that.

I was just talking to my friend about "haha remember Impact in 2015 when they tried to make a GFW invasion a thing" and he informed me that they're doing it AGAIN. Truly the mind boggles 

• Paid Members

All GFW titles are getting killed off at Slammiversary to bring in the new "unified" belts. Simple enough to understand. Are people really dense enough not to understand that? No wonder TV advertisers see wrestling fans as "worse than NASCAR" (Meltzer's words, not mine). Sienna vs Rosemary is obviously one of the title unification matches. Its like companies aren't allowed to build storylines anymore that or there is no patience for a wrestling fan these days. No matter what Impact do people will bash it, so they should stop trying to please everybody as it usually ends up in failure.

2 great matches on the show, Eli Drake NEEDED to have that match. El Patron was very good during that match and really got Eli looking good by far his best match in the company. Something tells me Matt Sydal is in for a big push. Magnus vs Matt Morgan is a piss break, more on Morgan's part than Magnus. EC3 as a heel is great just beat the shit out of the jobber.

Edited by Psygnosis

16 minutes ago, Psygnosis said:

All GFW titles are getting killed off at Slammiversary to bring in the new "unified" belts. Simple enough to understand. Are people really dense enough not to understand that? No wonder TV advertisers see wrestling fans as "worse than NASCAR"

Fucking hell.  Touchy much, Jeff?