Well, that was dreadful stuff with the odd decent stuff thrown in. 

Thought the main event was okay, X-Division good action but the rest was just not at the level for a company who are trying to reconnect with the millions of fans that have walked away. 

Why does Hornswoggle (why is he in the company?) have more fire and aggression than James Storm who one week ago had a World Title match and got screwed over? Why did KM (not sure if that's his name) just appear in a random angle which involved no other iMPACT talent? Why is the Grand Title still around? 

They should apologise for what they just put out on TV.

1 hour ago, Porkchopcash said:

99% or above of US and UK fans dont or have never given a shite about Japanese wrestling i would imagine. Just saying...,,

it is shite tbf. Imo.

I'm fairly sure most fans are more interested in New Japan than whatever TNA is doing today. 

Not seen a recent RevPro show? Or Shinsuke bloody Nakamura's rapturous WWE receptions? 

2 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

99% or above of US and UK fans dont or have never given a shite about Japanese wrestling i would imagine. Just saying...,,

it is shite tbf. Imo.

Somewhat out of context. You just needed to get that in though eh? Either you haven't watched enough of it to justify the comment, or you have, in which case you're an idiot for watching something you don't like.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Well, that was dreadful stuff with the odd decent stuff thrown in. 

Thought the main event was okay, X-Division good action but the rest was just not at the level for a company who are trying to reconnect with the millions of fans that have walked away. 

Why does Hornswoggle (why is he in the company?) have more fire and aggression than James Storm who one week ago had a World Title match and got screwed over? Why did KM (not sure if that's his name) just appear in a random angle which involved no other iMPACT talent? Why is the Grand Title still around? 

They should apologise for what they just put out on TV.

I'd say it was a great show for the 2nd week in a row, you are very different to watch what people are saying on social media who loved it, people tuned out because they went head to head with the NFL draft which pretty much killed everybody in ratings in the US as well as the NBA playoffs currently going on.

Good debut for Sydal, him vs Eddie Edwards from what I've read is an absolute classic next week. Sad that the Everett vs Lee feud was undercut but it had no heat and was poorly booked under John Gaburick. Ever since Sonjay Dutt started booking the X Division again its been great.

The Storm/EC3 promo segment was fine. EC3 establishing himself as a villain again and Storm not showing any fire yet calls him a bitch, blasts his family and ends up in a brawl with EC3? Okay. "I'm a Carter, and this company needs me" - that line in itself will get heat.

To be honest, Veterans of War surprised me, I thought they would be shit but Jax Dane is impressive. Mayweather (aka Crimson which they don't acknowledge) was ok but nothing special but if you have them feud with LAX you'll have something there.

Spud is being reintroduced as his heel Rockstar gimmick, its a continuation from Total Nonstop Deletion where Spud was bullying Swoggle. David Penzer of WCW fame takes his job next week. I would like to see him reunite with EC3 as his manager again. Heat magnets they are together.

The main event was brilliant and deserves more than "okay", you had a fantastic send off for Crazzy Steve as he heads to WWE, Abyss took bumps he didn't need to take with his fucked up knees. And a tease for a potential Diamante vs Rosemary match. Santana and Ortiz are a great tag team and are doing wonders under the LAX banner. That Street Sweeper finisher is a sight to behold.

The Grand Title match was good, Moose working with Davey Richards benefits him very well. One of the better Grand Title matches of the format. If there any changes that need to be made I'd go to longer rounds and get rid of the judges until the end of the bout. They are sticking with it so thats it.

Ava Storie is an enhancement talent, she's being brought in as a favour to Jay Lethal from Jeff Jarrett as she is one of his students. She is super young (19/20) and getting experience under her belt and know how from Dutch Mantell on how to wrestle on TV. She was there to make Christina Von Eerie look good for her match with Sienna next week nothing more. So I'm not going to rate that, Von Eerie's finisher looks painful.

• Paid Members

It just seems with TNA the viewership is so random, that it doesnt matter if they have a good show or a bad show, they'll get what they are going to get on that night. There seems to be impossible to reach anyone other than the same people who always watch on that channel they are on.

11 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

it is shite tbf. Imo.

I'd wager that more people UK or US based subscribe to New Japan World than have bought 3 years worth of combined TNA PPV's. Didn't New Japan world see a mental jump of like 10k subs round wrestle kingdom time. 

Also, the New Japan shows in the states - 2 nights sold out in like 20 minutes. Impact couldn't sell out my mams conservatory. 

Abyss is the worst spot monkey of all time, countless idiotic spots that lead nowhere in front of dead crowds for how many years now? I wouldn't be surprised if there's some deep rooted psychological reason for it, the only way he feels like he's of any worth is by what is practically self harm.

Oh jesus, I don't mean to post again so soon but I had Bruces podcast on and apparently Abyss got upset at him for saying he was too intimidated to join the WWE, he stayed at TNA due to "loyalty".

Conrad loses it and starts pissing himself as he knows it's bullshit.

When Abyss was in decent shape and a bit quicker I quite liked him 

He overdid the hell out of the tacks etc. but it was a fun shtick for a bit. It could have easily been unimaginative booking that he kept getting booked in hardcore matches

Him v AJ at Lockdown 05 is a classic. Sure, it's AJ, but Abyss deserved some credit 

No idea what he offers now though, he looks like a bag of shite 

Edited by sj5522