• Paid Members
17 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Got to bring Tony Schiavone in to be the new announcer. He's desperate to get regular work again, and he's doing a popular podcast now. Seems like a perfect fit.

Hey, what is Sony Chiavone doing in the Impact Zone?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, stevieg1980 said:

Hasn't he constantly said on his podcast though that he wouldn't want to be a commentator again and would much prefer to be involved in production. 

He was trying to get a job at Starbucks a few months back. I'm sure he wouldnt turn it down. Tony says a lot of things. He's spent the last 15 years pretending he wasnt that bloke off the wrestling to his real sports mates.

Honestly amazed they haven't approached Schiavone for Impact. Bruce Prichard seemingly got a gig based on his podcast success, but unless he does a shedload behind the scenes, he appears to be a total waste of money. At least Schiavone is a recognisable voice amongst wrestling fans, particularly the ones Impact seems to be aiming for.

I'm also a total Schiavone mark, which may have influenced that opinion.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Count Calibla said:

Honestly amazed they haven't approached Schiavone for Impact. Bruce Prichard seemingly got a gig based on his podcast success, but unless he does a shedload behind the scenes, he appears to be a total waste of money. At least Schiavone is a recognisable voice amongst wrestling fans, particularly the ones Impact seems to be aiming for.

I'm also a total Schiavone mark, which may have influenced that opinion.

He is a consultant of some description, so probably helps with the writing etc. Tbh, having competent people behind the scenes who know how to write TV (Cornette, Mantel, Brother Love) is fine by me.

• Paid Members

Listening to Meltzer, it seems that Alberto el Patron is pretty much done with the company. I previously read the situation as him being stripped of the title and not that he was done completely.

I have mixed feelings on this as while I didn't want him there to begin with and do think he's pretty much a piece of shit outside the ring, his on-screen stuff was much better than anything I ever expected from him. Mind you, if his wages go towards paying for Rey Mysterio etc, its understandable.

• Paid Members

Schiavone, Heel West and Tenay would be a good combination. YEs, it'd be a bit Monday Nitro, but is that not what they've been aiming at the last 15 years anyway?

8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Listening to Meltzer, it seems that Alberto el Patron is pretty much done with the company. I previously read the situation as him being stripped of the title and not that he was done completely.

I have mixed feelings on this as while I didn't want him there to begin with and do think he's pretty much a piece of shit outside the ring, his on-screen stuff was much better than anything I ever expected from him. Mind you, if his wages go towards paying for Rey Mysterio etc, its understandable.

Yeah I listened to that yesterday, certainly seems that way but if that wasn't the plan then Cornette made sure of it. Which like you said is a shame because he was decent on TV. It's a shame they've had to hit the reset again.

Having looked at the TV tapings (which are still ongoing!) results, he's missed.

Tapings have FINALLY finished and done all the way up to Bound for Glory (which is in November! What a stupid schedule but you can blame the mess of the previous regime for that)

Going by the results, it looks like the El Patron decision was made last minute as it looks a complete mix bag and a very disappointing card for the biggest show of the year.

Grand Title is still around too.

Lashley & King Mo vs Moose & Stephan Bonnar at Bound for Glory, seriously what is that all about?

• Paid Members
On 22/08/2017 at 0:13 PM, garynysmon said:

Mind you, if his wages go towards paying for Rey Mysterio etc, its understandable.

If you asked the impact zone if they wanted 14 kidney dialysis machines or a ADR main event I think the answer would be pretty unanimous.