Okay, this is all confusing for me. Anthem aren't happy that the guy in charge of a wrestling company has "erratic behaviour?" While I wouldn't consider Jarrett a creative genius, isn't it a given that most bookers in wrestling are a bit mental in their own little way? 

They also seem shocked that Jeff is trying to prevent them from getting involved with the wrestling side of things... After Dixie I wouldn't expect anything else. Like most businesses, the money people just need to find someone who knows what they are doing and stay out of it. I wouldn't open a restaurant and tell the head chef what to do, because I do stuff like putting last nights pizza in the toaster to heat it back up. 

With the information available at the moment I'm totally behind Jeff on this one 

In the immediacy, it appears the 'Big' winner out of all this is John Gaburick. More or less on the outs since his part in the attempt to sell the library to WWE last year (thus probably killing the company) was revealed, he's now the Head of Creative. With Scott D'Amore and Sonjay Dutt as his writers (I can't recall what the status of Dutch is).

It's curious because the show has been written and taped through 2nd November so, if we take the Anthem version at its highest then Jeff Jarrett could be back in time for Bound For Glory, thus not much changes.

But seeing as most of us can guess this will likely become a permanent change, if it seems that Gaburick is now back in increasing power creatively, that may mean the end of Dutch and Jim Cornette, who are, for lack of a better term, Jarrett's guys.

The specifics are different but the basic narrative could be repeated: Jeff Jarrett removed by his boss, and out go his closest and most loyal friends. It's 2009 all over again. 

As for the Sports Illustrated angle regarding Anthem possibly wanting to offload the company, if that proves to be even remotely accurate, this revelation has destabilised the company once again, and with Billy Corgan buying the NWA, the only beneficiary I can see this time is WWE...

As for the suggestion that Anthem could lose the GFW name because they hadn't finalised signing the ownership of the name before rebranding the company for the 2nd time year, that would show staggering silliness. Haven't Anthem nearly fallen foul of this with WOS Wrestling? Running a press conference and organising TV tapings when the deal with ITV & WOS hadn't even been finalised.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Okay, this is all confusing for me. Anthem aren't happy that the guy in charge of a wrestling company has "erratic behaviour?" While I wouldn't consider Jarrett a creative genius, isn't it a given that most bookers in wrestling are a bit mental in their own little way? 

The assumption is that "erratic behaviour" is a polite euphemism for "drinking problem".

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

The assumption is that "erratic behaviour" is a polite euphemism for "drinking problem".

I didn't want to jump to assumptions and did finish it off saying "with the information available." If he does have a drinking problem that is bang out of order, everyone knows you need a cocaine problem to be a good writer 

11 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They also seem shocked that Jeff is trying to prevent them from getting involved with the wrestling side of things... After Dixie I wouldn't expect anything else. Like most businesses, the money people just need to find someone who knows what they are doing and stay out of it. I wouldn't open a restaurant and tell the head chef what to do, because I do stuff like putting last nights pizza in the toaster to heat it back up. 

With the information available at the moment I'm totally behind Jeff on this one 

His behavior is down to personal reasons, not wherever they believe he's making the right business choices? PWInsider reported the day he was told to go home that it was not because of the job he was doing.

Whilst I can understand he was frustrated Ed spoilt the El Patron debut, as he hasn't done this since nor has this "issue" been any problem all those months since it happened surely it's nothing to be worried about?

The John Gaburick stuff is a major worry though. It really should've been Borash heading things until Jarrett was sorted.

This American Top Team storyline is garbage.

I'm also disliking that the X-division is currently being based around two guys whose primes were over 10 years ago, and two guys you could never seriously give a fuck about. And oh look, DJZ is back next week. You have a bunch of guys in masks to base this division off. They are all flippity flop Lucha Underground fantastico. Fuck Sonjay Dutt! And fuck Petey Williams unless he's doing the Steiner gimmick again, WITH Steiner.

OVE should have something far less regional as their tag team name. Ohio means nothing to anyone outside the US and not a lot to anyone within it.

Knockouts, yawn. Not even as good as the worst match from the Mae Young Classic at any time. At least Taya will sex it up a bit.