21 minutes ago, Statto said:

What names are they going with, specifically for the top title? Hoping they've reverted to "Global Heavyweight Champion" but seeing different things being used in different places.

Speaking of names - Johnny Impact. Ugh.

Yeah in a few tweets they sent out, one refers to Global Championship whilst the other World Championship. Needs clearing up for sure.

World/Global title hasn't changed, just the rest being re-done to fit the new company branding.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Guess that’s just a continuation of Johnny Nitro.

Which is a gimmick he stopped using over a decade ago. Aside from it being a dreadful name in its own right, it's a throwback to something he's outgrown. And while his original pre-MNM use of the name was tied to him working for Eric Bischoff (he used the Nitro theme as entrance music, and Nitro graphics when his name appeared on screen), it's not like he was appearing on Nitro at the time. It would be like, having already introduced him as Johnny Nitro, changing his name to "Johnny Smackdown" when he debuted as part of MNM.

If nothing else, it sounds cheap. I wouldn't mind "Johnny Impact" as a "Mr Monday Night" style nickname, to imply that its his show because he's just that good, but if they're running with it as his actual name, it's an appalling choice.

There doesn't seem to be any problem with the other AAA guys using their AAA names, so unless Lucha Underground specifically own the name Johnny Mundo, it seems counter-productive to rename him for GFW. If he weren't able to use Johnny Mundo, even just calling him John Hennigan would be a better name than Johnny Impact for me.

• Paid Members

I'm excited about Cornette being back. I know he's not universally liked, but bloody hell I love the idea of him being on weekly tv once again.

If nothing else, it also signals that Jarrett has no intention of bringing back Vic Venom to the mix.

Edited by garynysmon

21 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I'm excited about Cornette being back. I know he's not universally liked, but bloody hell I love the idea of him being on weekly tv once again.

If nothing else, it also signals that Jarrett has no intention of bringing back Vic Venom to the mix.

With the Pope being gone (he wasn't on the show) I'm surprised they've not put him on commentary.

Word is they've signed some more women for the roster too. Hopefully the likes of Madison, ODB and Angelina Love aren't used in the coming years.

1 minute ago, garynysmon said:

It will be interesting to see who they bring in for colour. I'd love it to be Don West, obviously.

I'm not sure Don could last one of the multiple taping weeks they have. Obviously he can redo commentary in Nashville, but it's never the same. The taping schedule for next year would be a positive move for them.

15 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Got to bring Tony Schiavone in to be the new announcer. He's desperate to get regular work again, and he's doing a popular podcast now. Seems like a perfect fit.

Hasn't he constantly said on his podcast though that he wouldn't want to be a commentator again and would much prefer to be involved in production. 

Edited by stevieg1980