• Paid Members

This sort of announcement is always a bit unsatisfactory, because it's never really explained what it is they're doing, and how it'll impact the company. The title of a job in a wrestling promotion doesn't always seem to match the responsibilities implied, and in this case, it doesn't really say what those responsibilities are. If I'm honest, I didn't have a clue what Jarrett was doing apart from arranging deals with other promotions around the globe, which can't possibly be the entirety of the role. 

If they'd said D'Amore was getting the book, I'd understand that. What does it mean that he and Callis are now Executive Vice Presidents? That they'll be in charge of the creative direction, signing talent, talent relations, media production, what?

In the announcement it says Callis will still do comentary for njpw 

ryan Clark is reporting there is now a working agreement in place between impact and njpw 

Callis and Lance Storm podcast opening 10 mins talking about the deal and his role aswell as a tease Jericho will be involved :)

http://aw.noxsolutions.com/launchpod/KillingTheTown/mp3/KTT_ep60_12517_BigNewsImpact_pt1_1ba29419.mp3/KTT_ep60_12517_BigNewsImpact_pt1_1ba29419.mp3_24611b30ba6aab453ba0f87ab77b5403_37427774.mp3?awCollectionId=970&awEpisodeId=96aceab2-5585-41b5-9620-1ce61ba29419&introSegment=true&hash_redirect=1&listeningSessionID=5a156e19e1891682_1130500_vJfWR9U2__0000000kYyI 

Edited by wrestleuk

Makes sense of Jericho saying something big was coming up with tna on the episode with jimmy Jacobs last week. Don’t expect him to wrestle there tho 

8 hours ago, wrestleuk said:

In the announcement it says Callis will still do comentary for njpw 

ryan Clark is reporting there is now a working agreement in place between impact and njpw 

Callis and Lance Storm podcast opening 10 mins talking about the deal and his role aswell as a tease Jericho will be involved :)

http://aw.noxsolutions.com/launchpod/KillingTheTown/mp3/KTT_ep60_12517_BigNewsImpact_pt1_1ba29419.mp3/KTT_ep60_12517_BigNewsImpact_pt1_1ba29419.mp3_24611b30ba6aab453ba0f87ab77b5403_37427774.mp3?awCollectionId=970&awEpisodeId=96aceab2-5585-41b5-9620-1ce61ba29419&introSegment=true&hash_redirect=1&listeningSessionID=5a156e19e1891682_1130500_vJfWR9U2__0000000kYyI 

Who is Ryan Clark when he's at home... If you mean pwscoops his website has been suspended... 

Somehow I don't think or would have been headlines on the reputable sites

Edited by midlandsfirst

• Paid Members

I guess I missed something with Jericho and WWE. He did the deal with Owens and left after Mania, is that right? Now he's "co-main eventing" WrestleKingdom and getting involved with TNA. Did he falls out with Vince or something?

• Paid Members

I don't think so - Vince, or whoever runs his Twitter account, Tweeted him a happy birthday, and there's been no story of a major falling out or anything.

I think Jericho's smart enough to have recognised that the Omega match was his biggest shot at staying relevant, and of really upping his own worth in the eyes of the fans and, more importantly, of WWE - Vince is less likely to offer him a shitty deal for his next comeback if he's proved he's happy to walk away and work somewhere else.

He's also working on his Wrestling Cruise thing, which has a lot of ROH and Bullet Club guys involved, and which WWE apparently turned down, so a lot of this may have snowballed from there.

I'm curious what involvement Jericho will have with TNA - I can't imagine him wrestling there, certainly not on a full schedule, but we'll see. If he decides to follow up his one-shot with NJPW by doing the same in TNA, that could be interesting, though I don't really see what's in it for him - it's not like it would give him the credibility that working Omega in Japan will, so it's hard not to see it as a major backwards step, unless they're prepared to give him the keys to the kingdom.

Edited by BomberPat