Watched the show this week and I don't understand why they keep pushing the app to view impact for UK fans on their TV? Surely the only people that can hear this plug are the people already watching it on the app (or via torrents) is there really that many people torrenting tna for that to be worthwhile or is this just another case of tna being tna?

I suppose raising awareness of it amongst other fans increases the chances of Brits hearing about it through the grapevine.

And if the app has archive content then it could still be of interest to TV viewers.

Noah is basically a feeder league/minor league affiliate for New Japan these days isn't it?

WELL...

On November 1, 2016, it was announced that Noah had been sold to IT development company 

Estbee, Co, Ltd. 

On November 7 2016, Estbee officially changed its name to "Noah Global Entertainment kabushiki gaisha".

At the end of 2016, NJPW pulled all of its wrestlers, including the entire Suzuki-gun stable, from Noah with reports stating that the relationship between the two promotions had turned "extremely sour".

On February 7, 2017, Noah announced a business alliance with Impact Wrestling.

NJPW had some sort of sake in them, in the past few years, but looks like that went south towards the end of 2016. The previous owners recently declared bankruptcy before selling them off to the new owners. So both TNA and NOAH are in similar stances right now.

• Paid Members

It seems the fortunes of Japanese wrestling companies has been a revolving door. The 90s, it was All-Japan ruling the roost, then Misawa guts them and founds NOAH, who become the big dogs, and now NJPW are back as the No.1 and NOAH and AJPW are barely even shadows of their former selves. The phrase "how the mighty have fallen" has never been more appropriate.

• Paid Members

Sad the state they are both in.

True, but I'd argue TNA's future is looking much brighter than even 3-4 months ago (which admittedly was rock fucking bottom).

Maybe sending wrestlers to work in Japan, between tapings, will supplement their incomes and ensure they get a full time wage. Can see the logic in that tbh.

• Paid Members

Sad the state they are both in.

True, but I'd argue TNA's future is looking much brighter than even 3-4 months ago (which admittedly was rock fucking bottom).

Maybe sending wrestlers to work in Japan, between tapings, will supplement their incomes and ensure they get a full time wage. Can see the logic in that tbh.

I'd imagine they get a full time wage from working the indies, right? Their roster pop up all over the place. TNA can't possibly be a sole source of income for virtually all of their workers.