• Paid Members

Could it not be a case of they own 'Cody Rhodes' as a single trademark as opposed to owning the name 'Rhodes'.

Yes, that's it.

They don't own 'Rhodes', they own 'Cody Rhodes'.  Since Cody had no pre-WWE career to note and no prior usage as 'Cody Rhodes', WWE are perfectly entitled to the name of a character that they created and debuted on their show.

Edited by Big Benny HG

I just watched Cody Rhodes' debut on Youtube. It's really really bad. His entrance theme is embarrassingly bad and sounds like something Justin Bieber would have brought out before his balls dropped.

They can't seem to call him by his full name because WWE, so it seems his ring name is just 'Cody'.

He gets in the ring and Maria (who is absolutely smoking hot) gets in his face and tells him to fuck off back to WWE, as if that's a demotion. Maria slaps his wife, and the two get into a 5 second long grapple of sorts, while one of them is clearly saying to the other "ready? Ok, now!". His wife then knees Maria in the head and everyone starts fighting. I lost interest at this point.

I was never really a big fan of his, but what the fuck was he thinking signing with TNA?

What I don't get with Cody lately is all these people who are fans of his all of a sudden. Where were they in WWE? Is it me or do a lot of them use his situation as an excuse to whine about WWE?

I thought Cody looked pretty awesome in his debut, he looked like a star.

I think Cody always had a lot of fans, he just was never booked in angles in wwe where fans could really get behind

In fairness that Altrincham card actually looks half decent

http://www.silver-blades.co.uk/page/individual_events/Altrincham/901

If WWE own the 'Cody Rhodes' name, can WCPW use that on their poster?

Wouldn't be the first time they've nicked something.

• Paid Members

In fairness that Altrincham card actually looks half decent

http://www.silver-blades.co.uk/page/individual_events/Altrincham/901

If WWE own the 'Cody Rhodes' name, can WCPW use that on their poster?

Wouldn't be the first time they've nicked something.

Word.

• Moderators

I know it looks like I'm coming in here just because I got Beetlejuiced, but I swear, I was about to post, honest guv.

As a lifelong non-watcher of TNA who only follows what's going on via this thread, surely they are never going out of business? Over the years, I've read so many times on here that it's all over, that tonight's show will be interesting because 'it's their final show', and they've run out of money or been bought out by two bald nazis, but they're still here. Someone needs to collate all the times TNA was definitely finished for sure this time, because it feels like a twice a year thing that always fizzles out.

• Paid Members

I know it looks like I'm coming in here just because I got Beetlejuiced, but I swear, I was about to post, honest guv.

As a lifelong non-watcher of TNA who only follows what's going on via this thread, surely they are never going out of business? Over the years, I've read so many times on here that it's all over, that tonight's show will be interesting because 'it's their final show', and they've run out of money or been bought out by two bald nazis, but they're still here. Someone needs to collate all the times TNA was definitely finished for sure this time, because it feels like a twice a year thing that always fizzles out.

It really is starting to feel like they could have their own compilation DVD of moments when TNA got to even further depths and even closer to death.

"Kick Out At 2: TNA's False Finishes" - 4 disc set.

I've scoffed many times over the last decade at the portents of TNA's imminent demise, particularly those years where they were actually making a profit (pre Hogan), but even I reckon this might be it now.

If WWE were to buy the tape archive, and Mr Corgan buy the rest... what is he actually buying?  A slot that loses money on a piddling tv channel and a name that has always been vaguely embarrassing.

For all the internet experts shitting on Dixie Carter these last few years, if she lets Vince asset strip the company for some moolah, and then sells the dead carcass to her latest money mark, she'll have pulled off a pretty sweet bit of business.

For all the internet experts shitting on Dixie Carter these last few years, if she lets Vince asset strip the company for some moolah, and then sells the dead carcass to her latest money mark, she'll have pulled off a pretty sweet bit of business.

She's basically the American version of Sir Phillip Green. And TNA is the BHS of professional wrestling.