David Posted August 1, 2019 Posted August 1, 2019 I've just went through the photos on that link @tiger_rick posted. Holy shit, that's like a treasure trove of unprecedented levels for a wrestling fan. Amazing stuff, thanks for posting it.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 1, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2019 No problem mate. Just forgot I was logged in as @BomberPat at the time!
David Posted August 1, 2019 Posted August 1, 2019 Damn! I just clocked the last photo and assumed it was you (I was gonna report you to @Keith Houchen for double posting as well!) Cheers for posting @BomberPat, the gratitude was for you, not that imposter Rick!
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted August 1, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2019 Even I was happy to see THAT picture as a break from Brewster shitting the place up again.
simonworden Posted August 2, 2019 Posted August 2, 2019 Said before but its a shame they don't get this stuff on display somewhere or at least bring more of it to Axess events each year. I'm sure they could try the permanent exhibition thing cheaply by doing a temporary exhibit in a museum or gallery somewhere. Although it would surely be in the USA I know many of the London museums have temporary exhibition halls so assume places in New York would as well. I'd love to go for a mosey around it all. Some wax works of famous wrestlers would be fun too, I can see money in being able to take a picture next to a life size Andre or slotting your head into the stunner position
Paid Members ElCece Posted August 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2019 1 hour ago, simonworden said: Said before but its a shame they don't get this stuff on display somewhere or at least bring more of it to Axess events each year. I'm sure they could try the permanent exhibition thing cheaply by doing a temporary exhibit in a museum or gallery somewhere. Although it would surely be in the USA I know many of the London museums have temporary exhibition halls so assume places in New York would as well. I'd love to go for a mosey around it all. Some wax works of famous wrestlers would be fun too, I can see money in being able to take a picture next to a life size Andre or slotting your head into the stunner position I can confirm I would be more than happy to hand over cash to slot my head into a stunner
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2019 What are or is the "Roos" that I guess are being advertised in this pic?
Paid Members Ronnie Posted August 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2019 Given the timeframe, I suspect it's these badboys, which were around at the time: In fact, let's give that a yes, because their own site states: Quote 1990s FROM WRESTLING TO THE OLYMPICS The brand sponsors Rick "The Dog Faced Gremlin" Steiner of the World Championship Wrestling who wore bright red knee high ROOS. Various athletes from motor racing, tennis and aerobics also become brand ambassadors. At the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, the US running team all compete in KangaROOS footwear.
Paid Members seph Posted August 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2019 I was just listening to Cornette rant about them - they were a Jim Herd deal where he would only use promotions from people he knew were based in St. Louis, and that he wanted them to *wrestle* in the things.
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 2, 2019 Posted August 2, 2019 5 hours ago, BigJag said: What are or is the "Roos" that I guess are being advertised in this pic? Now THESE are fucking wrestlers! Can you imagine The Young Bucks, Marko Stunt, Joey Janela and Kenny Omega doing a photoshoot like this? 'Roos...or Else'. Or else what? You'll write a nasty post about me on Twitter? You'll cry over your games console?
The Reverend Posted August 2, 2019 Posted August 2, 2019 7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Now THESE are fucking wrestlers! Can you imagine The Young Bucks, Marko Stunt, Joey Janela and Kenny Omega doing a photoshoot like this? 'Roos...or Else'. Or else what? You'll write a nasty post about me on Twitter? You'll cry over your games console? The Roos were trainers I believe.
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2019 23 minutes ago, seph said: I was just listening to Cornette rant about them - they were a Jim Herd deal where he would only use promotions from people he knew were based in St. Louis, and that he wanted them to *wrestle* in the things. Is this on Cornettes Drive Through or The Experience?
Paid Members seph Posted August 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2019 3 minutes ago, BigJag said: Is this on Cornettes Drive Through or The Experience? Kayfabe Commentaries' WCW Timeline, 1990 episode. There's a fair amount of clips on YT but the whole thing's £25 for 3 hours+.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.