The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Said before but its a shame they don't get this stuff on display somewhere or at least bring more of it to Axess events each year. I'm sure they could try the permanent exhibition thing cheaply by doing a temporary exhibit in a museum or gallery somewhere. Although it would surely be in the USA I know many of the London museums have temporary exhibition halls so assume places in New York would as well. I'd love to go for a mosey around it all. Some wax works of famous wrestlers would be fun too, I can see money in being able to take a picture next to a life size Andre or slotting your head into the stunner position 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, simonworden said:

Said before but its a shame they don't get this stuff on display somewhere or at least bring more of it to Axess events each year. I'm sure they could try the permanent exhibition thing cheaply by doing a temporary exhibit in a museum or gallery somewhere. Although it would surely be in the USA I know many of the London museums have temporary exhibition halls so assume places in New York would as well. I'd love to go for a mosey around it all. Some wax works of famous wrestlers would be fun too, I can see money in being able to take a picture next to a life size Andre or slotting your head into the stunner position 

I can confirm I would be more than happy to hand over cash to slot my head into a stunner

• Paid Members

Given the timeframe, I suspect it's these badboys, which were around at the time:

Roos Shoes - Adorable Roos lace up high top tennis shoes white

In fact, let's give that a yes, because their own site states:

1990s
FROM WRESTLING TO THE OLYMPICS
The brand sponsors Rick "The Dog Faced Gremlin" Steiner of the World Championship Wrestling who wore bright red knee high ROOS. Various athletes from motor racing, tennis and aerobics also become brand ambassadors. At the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, the US running team all compete in KangaROOS footwear.

Edited by Ronnie

• Paid Members

I was just listening to Cornette rant about them - they were a Jim Herd deal where he would only use promotions from people he knew were based in St. Louis, and that he wanted them to *wrestle* in the things.

Edited by seph

5 hours ago, BigJag said:

What are or is the "Roos" that I guess are being advertised in this pic?

IMG-20190802-WA0010.jpg

Now THESE are fucking wrestlers!

Can you imagine The Young Bucks, Marko Stunt, Joey Janela and Kenny Omega doing a photoshoot like this?
'Roos...or Else'. Or else what? You'll write a nasty post about me on Twitter? You'll cry over your games console? 

7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Now THESE are fucking wrestlers!

Can you imagine The Young Bucks, Marko Stunt, Joey Janela and Kenny Omega doing a photoshoot like this?
'Roos...or Else'. Or else what? You'll write a nasty post about me on Twitter? You'll cry over your games console? 

The Roos were trainers I believe.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, seph said:

I was just listening to Cornette rant about them - they were a Jim Herd deal where he would only use promotions from people he knew were based in St. Louis, and that he wanted them to *wrestle* in the things.

Is this on Cornettes Drive Through or The Experience?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Is this on Cornettes Drive Through or The Experience?

Kayfabe Commentaries' WCW Timeline, 1990 episode. There's a fair amount of clips on YT but the whole thing's £25 for 3 hours+.

Edited by seph