The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, simonworden said:

I remember in 2012 seeing some guy with 3 or the fuckers on him while queuing at the bar i'm sure they were Cena's belt, the 2002-2009 WWE tag belt and the European title,

Saw a fella coming out of the "SummerSlam Superstore" yesterday with SIX, 3 on each arm like that photo of Ultimo Dragon with shitloads of belts.

WWE Championship, both main roster women's, United States, 24/7 & the previous bronze on black leather tag title IIRC.

• Paid Members

People wearing belts don’t bother me in the slightest. It isn’t something I’d spend my money on, but who the fuck am I to judge what a wrestling fan spends their coin on? 

Wrestling belts/dress up is no different to any other sub culture cosplay. Any of the trekies, sci-fi or anime seem to get more of a free pass.

It’s no different in mainstream culture, people walking around in limited edition trainers for £300, with designer bags, or driving around in a Porsche etc. It’s all a vanity project, people broadcasting their love for a brand, people showing the can afford elite products in their culture. Whatever the reason, it’s no different. It’s just wrestling fans like to ridicule other fans in the hope they’ll stand out as ‘normal’.

In fairness to the belt collectors etc, I’ve never seen people wearing belts, specific merch etc at anything other than proper events, conventions and places where they encourage cosplay. If you’ve seen one in a lift or a Burger King, there’s a pretty good chance they’re going to or from an event, usually to get it signed.

That U.K. Undertaker fella is a cosplayer, but as someone else has mentioned, he helps organise events, including cosplay competitions and also does a lot of charity work. 

Anyway, just live & let live. You like wrestling, so yeah, you’re as odd as them be default. Crack on.