The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

I will say that U.K. Taker cosplay lad is a very nice fella. He isn’t a nob or up his arse (as you might possibly expect), he completely knows and appreciates that he is simply a cosplayer. The very young kids, and those with difficulties were truly overjoyed when they saw him and had photos. 

The whole weekend was fucking ace if truth be told. Arguably (by far) the best and most professional convention we’ve been booked for.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Pat, I don’t get this one, what am I missing (apart from the obvious.....)

I'm glad you asked, I stared at it for ages and didn't get it. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I will say that U.K. Taker cosplay lad is a very nice fella. He isn’t a nob or up his arse (as you might possibly expect), he completely knows and appreciates that he is simply a cosplayer. The very young kids, and those with difficulties were truly overjoyed when they saw him and had photos.

Yeah, people seem to be more making fun of the situation, not the person himself. Sort of like seeing your Nana posing with a donkey at Blackpool. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke. And the pretend Sting used to get loads of work around 90-91. Its not like its new.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah Taker UK was great, photos were fuck all and he had a ton of quality belts you could pissarse about with. There was a couple of lads there too with a complete Hasbro collection that was fascinating, let me have a look at the mail away Hogan in his red Wrestlemania 9 clobber. Getting excited and taking a photo of myself holding it was the exact moment I knew i'd never experience real true human love again but it was worth it.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Pat, I don’t get this one, what am I missing (apart from the obvious.....)

Honestly it's just a daft bit of commentary I found funny.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Yeah, people seem to be more making fun of the situation, not the person himself. Sort of like seeing your Nana posing with a donkey at Blackpool. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke. And the pretend Sting used to get loads of work around 90-91. Its not like its new.

Oh absolutely. I’ve never personally understood cosplay especially spending the amount some people do, and then the way they take their character very seriously. Who the fuck am I to talk though, with boxes full of unplayable Japanese wrestling games and knock off hasbros.

The one thing I realised at this event, unlike previous ones, is that some of the young kids just assume ‘wrestler’ when they see a 1/2 decent cosplayer, and get a photo. Puts mam & dad in the good books and the kid goes home happy.

Visually, it’s also better to look around the event and see more than just 2000 shock the system shirts.

There’s a fine line though. One fella dressed up like bad ass Taker got booed during the cosplay competition. He got angry and upset on the internet afterwards. The crowd were actually booing the fact he was a baddy character, but he couldn’t see that and just took it really personally.

A Doink cosplayer was double doinking for photos with people at the event. Seconds after this photo, a flummoxed Lombardi walked past. Wish I’d caught that.

3BCCB536-10E1-488D-BB1C-EF77ADB6BFDC.thumb.jpeg.9238ca2bf7bb5383a0f250cc77d53dd5.jpeg

While I’m on, Marty... Jesus. He got in the ring during his Q&A and the first thing he said was “I’m single, ladies come chat with me after this”. Then he wobbled off on his bizarre ankle. Honestly, it looks like a full on right angle. It’s like a shelf.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Honestly it's just a daft bit of commentary I found funny.

Cool!  Thought I was going mad!

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

While I’m on, Marty... Jesus.

I was looking at booking Marty a few years back, so got chatting to him on Facebook. His messages were pretty incomprehensible, but it became clear that he didn't really understand where Jersey was, and that he was wanting to fit in more shows in the UK than we could accommodate around travel requirements, so nothing came of it.

Nearly two years later, with no communication or interaction whatsoever in the interim, he sent me a thumbs up emoji.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

Nearly two years later, with no communication or interaction whatsoever in the interim, he sent me a thumbs up emoji.

Arguably 3 hours in his world. I swear he still thinks it’s 91.

22 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Then he wobbled off on his bizarre ankle. Honestly, it looks like a full on right angle. It’s like a shelf.

Didn't get too close to his table because I didn't want to explain I needed the 20 quid for literally anything else, but me and my mate did sneak a look at his mad foot. No regrets.

Doink was a good lad too, made me think that Lombardi might have got more of a queue in full Doink gear.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
Just now, Cannibal Man said:

Didn't get too close to his table because I didn't want to explain I needed 20 quid for literally anything else, but me and my mate did sneak a look at his mad foot No regrets.

Doink was a good lad too, made me think that Lombardi might have got more of a queue in full Doink gear.

Even knuckleball Schwartz would have got a bigger line.

One lad asked him if there was anyway he could get him on his podcast. A ‘No’ would have been suffice, but Lombardi said “I’ve been on Austin’s & Jerichos, why would I want to come on yours with no listeners”... the lad has just given him £40 for a photo & auto. Brutal.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Even knuckleball Schwartz would have got a bigger line.

One lad asked him if there was anyway he could get him on his podcast. A ‘No’ would have been suffice, but Lombardi said “I’ve been on Austin’s & Jerichos, why would I want to come on yours with no listeners”... the lad has just given him £40 for a photo & auto. Brutal.

That's amazing. It is brutal but he's not wrong. Did you cry @Liam O'Rourke?