Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

That Foley/Flair feud was rubbish. Stuff about books that had come out years ago, weird references to insider things nobody would understand, that 2/3 falls match where Foley lost two straight falls then brought out a load of weapons for no reason, the Melina involvement that made no sense... Plus, yeah, there had been so many ultraviolent matches that year that I was numb to them by December (was it the year of December To Dismember?). It was like how I feel watching the CZW Ultraviolent Tournament of Death, but over a longer period of time and with less zero-talent rednecks in T-shirts.

That Foley/Flair feud was rubbish. Stuff about books that had come out years ago, weird references to insider things nobody would understand, that 2/3 falls match where Foley lost two straight falls then brought out a load of weapons for no reason, the Melina involvement that made no sense... Plus, yeah, there had been so many ultraviolent matches that year that I was numb to them by December (was it the year of December To Dismember?). It was like how I feel watching the CZW Ultraviolent Tournament of Death, but over a longer period of time and with less zero-talent rednecks in T-shirts.

To be honest I always figured Foley had the I Quit match with Flair so he could sort of emulate his hero Funk, as for the ridiculously bad details of the feud, fuck knows

• Paid Members

How did Earl Hebner ever get the senior referee gig? I've been watching a lot of Raw from 1999 where he seems to ref nearly every match and he looks like a completely clueless out of place awkward twat the whole time.

• Paid Members

He's awful, isn't he? That fucking thing he does where he falls on his face in avoiding doing a three count sucks the drama out of every near fall he counts. Twat.

How did Earl Hebner ever get the senior referee gig? I've been watching a lot of Raw from 1999 where he seems to ref nearly every match and he looks like a completely clueless out of place awkward twat the whole time.

I never used to notice for ages but you can ALWAYS tell when someone is going to kick out when he is ref because he makes that over exaggerated 2 count. It gets really annoying.

Edit: Dammit Devon you beat me to it

Edited by Ric Flair's Divorce Lawyer

Personally, I thought the face/heel dynamic was off for that whole feud. I mean it started because Foley aired a legitimate gripe with Flair in his first book (and put it across in a fairly respectful fashion) but Flair just came off like a cunt when he responded in his own book. The whole "glorified stuntman" thing was just obnoxious as fuck. Why not respond to his criticism rather than just shit over his whole career?

My favourite thing about that feud was Flair's habit of blowing that line and calling Foley a "human stuntman" instead. As opposed to a canine one, or something.

• Paid Members

From this weeks Observer. This is where the McMahon storyline is heading.

The planned main event for WrestleMania is being looked at as one of those winner gets control of the company storylines that Carlos Colon and Invader just did in Puerto Rico. Vince isn’t going to wrestle, but will have a surrogate. I presume HHH will wrestle. Right now the idea is Stephanie will be in the storyline though SummerSlam, but her presence will be toned down after SummerSlam so the focus is just on Vince and HHH. That all could change.

Take Triple H out of the match for a second, I wonder how it would be received if both had to choose a surrogate and Vince picked his longtime solider The Undertaker and Triple H brought in Sting to wrestle the company his way. I suppose what with the streak on the line it doesn't need any more stips. But still. Say this match is still on the books around February time, who could Triple H wrestle? He's sort of exhausted all his options. He seems to have wrestled everyone. Unless Shawn comes back and they do that.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay