Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
http://4thletter.net/2011/12/the-top-60-wr...happened-60-41/

This has probably been posted before but here's an interesting 3-part article from a while ago about unlikely matches that actually happened like Ultimate Warrior vs. Kane and El Gigante vs. Nailz,

There are some interesting ones in there, although I don't imagine there are many people who remember "Demolition Smash" and "Demolition Crush" who don't also know about Crush wrestling Repo Man at SummerSlam '92, or any wrestling fans that are big enough wrestling fans to be reading that article that didn't know Savage had a few matches with Shawn Michaels in 1992.

I actually found early Orton vs early Cena the most interesting, for my sins.

I've bought a load of wrestling DVDs in an attempt to build some kind of collection. I'm now realising I'm just looking at the cellophane wrapped DVDs instead of watching them. I've searched Google for the match lists, thought there's some I wouldn't mind seeing but would prefer to watch them in a chronological order - as in to watch season sets. But obviously if I can't bring myself to watch it when it's on a DVD, what chance do I have of watching season sets?

I have every episode of Nitro and Thunder from the start of the Monday Night Wars onwards and every episode of Raw and Smackdown from '96 onwards. I'm at the start of '96 of Nitro at the moment, but it's a struggle to keep to a schedule of watching it. Does anyone else find themselves struggling to get the urge to watch wrestling now? I'm fine when it's new stuff as I'm kind of under a pressure to watch it as my friends will have watched it and will want to discuss it.

• Paid Members

Like with your DVDs, I bought Wrestlemania 29, and it's still sitting in it's wrapper over there. I really can't imagine me watching it. Over three hours of wrestling is such a chore these days. Most of the films I watch are probably no more than 90 minutes.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Yeah, I'm the same. I have a ton of wrestling DVDs that I bought cheap and never have the will to watch. I pretty much only watch DVDs in bed and with full events, I'm falling asleep by the midcard title match. At least with sets I can watch a couple of matches each night at my leisure, but now that I have a job where I need to wake up at a decent time, there's no fucking way I'm watching a 3-hour PPV in full when I go to bed.

Seen a few posts on here slagging off Brays heavies, concerned they're not great wrestlers, saying they are useless, someone even said he wished one would fuck off. Ludicrous, they look the bollocks and can have ok matches. The look at this stage is 10x more important than any decent match. Gimme that sheeps head over seth rollins anyday.

AJ Lee is just the fucking worst, isn't she?

That 'performance' after Dolph's promo on Smackdown should be kept forever to demonstrate to young superstars how not to do it. Just...awful.

Theres alot of hate for her on here. Am I the only one who thinks she's actually a pretty decent all rounder compared to 99% of the divas theyve chucked infront of us in the last 10 years?

AJ Lee is just the fucking worst, isn't she?

That 'performance' after Dolph's promo on Smackdown should be kept forever to demonstrate to young superstars how not to do it. Just...awful.

Theres alot of hate for her on here. Am I the only one who thinks she's actually a pretty decent all rounder compared to 99% of the divas theyve chucked infront of us in the last 10 years?

Probably in the minority - but I really like, it's a completely different gimmick for a Diva, she has a completely different look and fuck ups or not, she does seem to be able to do everything.

Edited by The Reverend

• Paid Members
Next time Austin appears on Raw, there has to be a bit of interaction with Bryan which includes non stop chanting of "yes" followed by "what" yes, what, yes what.....

Yes, after years of suffering through that fucking "What?" chant, what we need is to encourage it to be chanted more!