Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted

Flair is the Gazza of wrestling. All the talent in the world but he has been failed by the hangers on surrounding him and has hit the self-destruct button in the worst way possible. Both of them will be mourned and venerated when they eventually pass on as well.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Ric's arguably the best wrestler ever. He lived up to his potential and more. Gazza was someone who had amazing talent, got injured, turned into a fat bloke, drank a load and his career died out playing for clubs not challenging for anything. Gazza is also mentally ill. Flair's just a mad old bastard who likes to live the life. He's still got all his assets and properties and still earns a lot of money. He'll be living the lifestyle until he dies. He's not broke. As long as he's still earning money, he'll have money. I doubt Gazza's making it to 63.

 

Gazza is a manic depressive who cant see a way of having a happy life. Flair is chasing the goal of continuing to have his happy life.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

I just meant in terms of profile in their respective worlds. Nowadays, the news is rarely good when you hear about Flair and it's definitely not good when you hear about Gazza. Both have also made some really poor decisions in their lives and deserve blame for their problems but have also been let down by those surrounding them. In the grand scheme of things, Ric is obviously not in as bad a state as Gazza considering he's about 20 years older than him.

Posted

Ric Flair is discovering what I would imagine is the hardest bit about being Ric Flair, not being able to be Ric Flair anymore. So he's doing his best to hold on it, the poor basyard

  • Paid Members
Posted
Ric's arguably the best wrestler ever. He lived up to his potential and more. Gazza was someone who had amazing talent, got injured, turned into a fat bloke, drank a load and his career died out playing for clubs not challenging for anything. Gazza is also mentally ill. Flair's just a mad old bastard who likes to live the life. He's still got all his assets and properties and still earns a lot of money. He'll be living the lifestyle until he dies. He's not broke. As long as he's still earning money, he'll have money. I doubt Gazza's making it to 63.

 

Gazza is a manic depressive who cant see a way of having a happy life. Flair is chasing the goal of continuing to have his happy life.

 

I wouldn't say that Ric Flair isn't mentally unwell. Also, unless I'm reading things wrongly, Flair is in a spiral that would be hard to step out of - the money coming in isn't likely to increase, and it's pretty much certain to decrease, and the loans, taxes, and sundries coming due are pretty crushing. Of course, people are always going to want to give him money, forgive his loans, etc., and that may even extend to the NC authorities.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

When I was a kid wrestling my Hulk Hogan teddy and that I set up the Ghetto Blaster to play my entrance theme as I'd walk through the door of my room and pose wearing my dressing gown.

 

My theme? "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven" by Phil Collins.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members
Posted
When I was a kid wrestling my Hulk Hogan teddy and that I set up the Ghetto Blaster to play my entrance theme as I'd walk through the door of my room and pose wearing my dressing gown.

 

My theme? "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven" by Phil Collins.

 

That's fucking brilliant, sir.

But I'll fess up here, when I was 23 I used to wait for me da to go out, put Being Nobody by Liberty X, use it as my entrance theme and walk down the hall, through the kitchen door, stand on the dining room seats like they were turnbuckles wearing a pair of tight Radioactive Man boxer shorts, and Madballs kneecaps.

23!

I wanna know if you've done something like that recently Butch. Someone has to back me up here!

  • Paid Members
Posted
When I was a kid wrestling my Hulk Hogan teddy and that I set up the Ghetto Blaster to play my entrance theme as I'd walk through the door of my room and pose wearing my dressing gown.

 

My theme? "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven" by Phil Collins.

 

Brilliant.

 

I didn't have a wrestling teddy, but I did have a pillow.

Wrestling that on my mam and dads king sized bed.

I didn't own a music player either at that age, so hummed tunes I'd remembered such as the theme tune to the bill and mastermind (parents favs).

 

Saying that, it all changed when I bought my first cd being the Olympic Games theme Barcelona and I go my first CD player

  • Paid Members
Posted
A wrestler needs to come out to The Bill theme!

 

I wonder if any of the Juggalos would get the reference if Officer Colt Cabana came out to it at the next Gathering.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I got a chuckle out of this. D'oh!

 

After Monday's Raw, Jerry "The King" Lawler stayed in Austin, TX overnight and then drove 3 hours the wrong direction on I-35, ending up in Dallas, not Laredo. Lawler had to call WWE and arrange a flight in order to make it to Laredo in time for the television tapings.

 

Lawler also got a lot of flack from staff for not being able to make it to the right city after 40 years in the business. Michale Cole even went on to mention the incident in a Tweet, writing, "@JerryLawler drove 4 hours north to go 7 hours south but he made it to Laredo for #raw"

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't like anime for the most part, and Galaxy Express 999 is really unwatchably shit, but right now I think I'd come out to this theme. Would mean calling myself Galaxy Express 999, or getting a partner for that tag team name.

 

BritWres'ers - does Dirk Feelgood still come out to the Baywatch theme? Boring fact: I heard this for the first time when he did his entrance, and turned to UKFFer Catfish Jake and told him "this theme is GREAT!". He was stunned that I'd never seen Baywatch.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Lawler also got a lot of flack from staff for not being able to make it to the right city after 40 years in the business. Michale Cole even went on to mention the incident in a Tweet, writing, "@JerryLawler drove 4 hours north to go 7 hours south but he made it to Laredo for #raw"

Good thing Lawler doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks, then. I love Lawler. His attitude is great. Just turns up, gets his money and doesn't even research any of the other shows, during the week. He turns up at PPVs not knowing who any of the lads who usually work Smackdown are.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...