General music thread

Devon Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Couple of good interviews on Radio 2 this evening. Hugh Laurie was on Simon Mayo's show talking about his new album, which I'm very excited for; I loved the first one. And Steve Martin was just on the folk show talking about his new one, which he's done with Paul Simon's wife Edie Brickell (whose name I may have spelled incorrectly). The album's called Love Has Come For You and it's got a hint of a more banjo-filled Raising Sand about it, which is never a bad thing (particularly as it's looking increasingly unlikely that Alison Krauss and Robert Plant will collaborate again in the near future). Also, Martin Mull did the cover art, and, sad as I am, that's probably swayed me towards buying it...

• Paid Members

Track listings for the new Daft Punk album were released yesterday. Thirteen tracks, all but one (which is 3:48) are more than four minutes long as well. There is a 9-minute track called 'Giorgio by Moroder'. Somebody mop up my quim, NOW.

Track listings for the new Daft Punk album were released yesterday. Thirteen tracks, all but one (which is 3:48) are more than four minutes long as well. There is a 9-minute track called 'Giorgio by Moroder'. Somebody mop up my quim, NOW.

I loved the Tron Legacy record

• Paid Members

So, having discovered them from the Justified theme tune, I am now really into Gangstagrass. They are like this fusion of bluegrass and rap.

Here is one of their songs:

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

From Here To Eternity. Together In Electric Dreams is one of the great pop songs and collaborations of all time as well. A great man. I wish he'd done more soundtracks as well.

Those first four tracks from Son Of My Father are unbeatable, for me. Not that there's anything wrong with the rest of the record, it's probably my favourite Moroder LP, but that run of tracks is just perfect. Plus, fucking Tears at the end is just amazing. Imagine writing that in 1972! it's fucking ridiculous. I was amazed to see it's finally being reissued next month for the first time on CD, and it's first release since 1972.

• Paid Members
I know it's obvious, but The Chase.

Yeah, it's gotta be this. The track that really got me into his music in the first place. Superb.

Giorgio is easily one of my all-time favourite producers. Push It To The Limit, E=MC2, From Here To Eternity & Together in Electric Dreams are my next favourites. An honourable mention for I Feel Love- this is definitely on the shortlist of the most important and influential tracks in dance music. Some say without this, Trance would never have been born in the 90s.

Can't wait to hear his collaboration with Daft Punk on their new album.