General music thread

Devon Malcolm

The new Bowie song is rotten; kind of killed my hope that this new album won't be another sup-par effort. I've listened to it a couple of times and it, unforgivably, has no hook.

Is this new new, or the one that was released a few weeks ago? Cos I thought that was really good.

This is another new song, not Where Are We Now that came out a few weeks back. This one is a bit more uptempo.

The actual song starts at about 1:50 if you wanna skip the first part.

Edited by SteelEdge

• Paid Members

'Where are we now?' is indeed really good. So good, it made me optimistic that Bowie may actually release an album worth arseing about.

It may 'click' with more than two listens, mind.

Right now, shite.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members
Erm. Has anyone seen this?

It's always annoying when someone half decent play worth someone really, really shit. Oh TayTay, I feel let down a little.

So you'll be hoping they never ever get back together, then?

Erm. Has anyone seen this?

It's always annoying when someone half decent play worth someone really, really shit. Oh TayTay, I feel let down a little.

So you'll be hoping they never ever get back together, then?

More chance of the drummer duetting on "You Belong With Me" with his arm.

Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Jepson are both pretty lush (that might be one for someone to add to the hated words thread).

I've been listening to house music again lately and want to immerse myself in it more. It's exactly the sort of stuff I want to be listening to when in clubs. It's upbeat, positive, and I'd find it hard to get in a fight with it on. Harder with E too. I'd so much rather be listening to a song that builds to a climax and has everyone going mental than Chris fucking Brown. I wish my mates could experience my ideal night at a club as it's a running joke that I'm the miserable git in there, but I've experienced the tables being turned and me being the party animal and liking all the music before. Music really makes or breaks my night more than most.

On a side note, I've stopped listening to Channel Orange by Frank Ocean as regularly now after two or three months of listening to it. Enjoyable.

The new Bowie album dropped and, for me, is as good as anything he's ever done.

I was initially sceptical of the 'Where Are We Now?' single, but through a pair of headphones on a freezing cold evening stroll? Yeah, it makes perfect sense. Beautiful.

It's been a great year to be an old git.

Bowie giving perhaps his finest performance, Marr bringing out a no-thrills but exciting slice of Brit pop on his debut and Nick Cave delivering maybe the greatest album I've ever heard (at least top five).

We need people under the age of 35 to start being exciting again. It's embarrassing.

Johnny Marr was playing nearby the other day. I only found out the day before. I started listening to Smiths songs the day before for the first time, so I didn't know whether to go or not.

It's a great year for people like me who love the old fogies.

• Paid Members

Scott Walkers newest album was another tick in the old folk category.

Van Dyke Parks has a new album coming out in May, too. No doubt it'll feature the sort of stuff that makes it seem like everybody else is doing things that are a bit dot-to-dot.