General music thread

Devon Malcolm

Is there any fans of Italo Disco and other similar genres in here? Even though I generally have no tolerance for dance music, I am totally in love with Italo Disco and various other similar genres, but I'm looking to explore further out from the genre and wondered if there's any bands people would recommend?

Here's a few examples of the sort of stuff I've been listening to:

Den Haan - Release The Beast

Now I have absolutely zero knowledge of electronic/dance music outside of Kraftwerk/YMO, so I appreciate that I could be asking you to try and find things that sound like four completely disparate styles, but anything you could recommend which sounds like the things mentioned above would be utterly brilliant.

Those Soundcloud accounts are chock full of awesome stuff; great find, Chest.

Keeping the electronic music discussion going, although this is a lot darker sounding, I recently came across a great album called Drokk: Music inspired by Mega-City One by Geoff Barrow of Portishead and a guy called Ben Salisbury, whose done a load of music for TV shows.

I was sure I

Edited by smp

Drokk is amazing, one of the best albums this year but i can't listen to it over and over.

Does anyone use Spotify? I've been making a playlist but only just now thinking about putting some real effort into it (sadly, there's so much music i want to put on there but can't as it's not on the system). http://open.spotify.com/user/zyniker/playl...4rsU96iV5EFWbbs

, Most annoying song, ever or Pop Genius?

Im in the I hate this song and want to kill whoever thought it would be a great idea to release it. Shine light like a diamond with a fist embedded in your skull

Having said that

is quite good

• Paid Members

some tornadoes facts

The Tornadoes were the 1st British Group to get a no 1 in the USA with Telstar in 1962

they were Billy Fury's Backing band for a time in the early 60's

there Manager Larry Parnes refused to let them tour the States unless Billy Fury went to (Billy was a unknown in America)

Guitarist Heinz Burt left the group and had solo hits with Just like Eddie and Digging my Potatoes

Rhythm guitarist George Bellamy is the father of Matthew Bellamy, the front man of Muse.

Band Leader Clem Clattini has played drums on more British hit singles than any other drummer

i Bloody love the Tornadoes and most thing to do with Joe Meeks music