General music thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
I've rediscovered a love for Electric Six. Fire is an absolute corker of an album and although no albums since have come close to it, Senor Smoke is fantastic to cruise along to down the A47. Bite me and Future Boys are absolute riots. I like how they try and use the cheapest possible synth gear and also the inherent silliness and downright vulgarity of their lyrics ("Are you ready for my bloody bloody?").

I imagine they don't cater for most folk's taste, but for anyone interested their touring the UK this winter and their set is basically the entire first album nearly ten years on. Smashing.

Electric 6 are touring in december mate, and I believe they are performing 'Fire' in it's entirety for its 10 year anniversary. Just so you know. Cracking live band!

Leona Lewis always has been and always will be crap. Run was a crap cover of a crap song in the first place. She is incredibly boring and the quicker she pisses off into obscurity and doing cruise liner headlining or something, the better.

I think you need some diazepam or something man, your anger levels are through the roof recently.

reduce-stress-and-relax.jpg

• Paid Members

I really like the Electric 6 songs that I've heard, we're going back a few years now. But Gay Bar, Dance Commander and High Voltage are great little camped-up pop songs. What is their first album like, much of the same? Can't believe I've not got it.

• Paid Members
The best song to ever come from a Pop Idol/X Factor contestant is Will Young's 'Leave Right Now'.

The competition being so strong and that.

I just heard Gangnam Style for the first time. What did I miss?