Indy wank from the late 90s/early 2000s.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that's a bad effort. I tried to have a go at creating some modern wrestlers on No Mercy a year or two back. It's nigh-on impossible. The create tools and movesets are shockingly limited compared to today's games, but they seemed great at the time.

• Paid Members
I don't think that's a bad effort. I tried to have a go at creating some modern wrestlers on No Mercy a year or two back. It's nigh-on impossible. The create tools and movesets are shockingly limited compared to today's games, but they seemed great at the time.

I haven't played No Mercy for years, but used to spend hours upon hours making CAWs back in the day. I was tempted to dig the old N64 out recently as I thought I could probably make a cracking Sheamus, along with a few other guys knocking about the roster now. You're probably right though, I'm likely remembering the CAW function as being much better than it really is.

• Paid Members
Nate Webb looks by far the oddest looking guy even when standing next to a team of dwarves. That's quite an achievement. He looks as if he chain smokes Pall Mall Superkings.

I've always thought Webb had that look where I could believe him being cast in Taggart or something as the council estate nonce.

I haven't played No Mercy for years, but used to spend hours upon hours making CAWs back in the day. I was tempted to dig the old N64 out recently as I thought I could probably make a cracking Sheamus, along with a few other guys knocking about the roster now. You're probably right though, I'm likely remembering the CAW function as being much better than it really is.

I would imagine using Scotty 2 Hotty's hair only obviously changing it ginger would work a treat for The Celtic Warrior. From there on in use something like Malenko or Saturn's trunk's and hey presto you have yourself a really shitty Sheamus! Ric Flair was a guy that was always impossible to create in those games.

• Paid Members

I would imagine using Scotty 2 Hotty's hair only obviously changing it ginger would work a treat for The Celtic Warrior. From there on in use something like Malenko or Saturn's trunk's and hey presto you have yourself a really shitty Sheamus! Ric Flair was a guy that was always impossible to create in those games.

Haha was very difficult to get the body type right....I remember making Brock Lesnar about 7 foot tall to over compensate for the fact i couldn't make him buff enough...

• Paid Members
He appeared on a Triple X show around the same time he worked the IPW show too.

4270_1126778860244_1550348259_30297813_7759477_n.jpg

Yes! Aside from Zak wrestling circles around him, I particularly remember him getting increasingly frustrated with the nonsensical heckling from a drunk Alexander, to the point where he'd look toward the stage during holds so that he didn't have to make eye contact with any of us.

• Paid Members

Walters was a pleasure to deal with but he wasn't on the best of days I think. He had a pretty banged up shoulder and there was some chap hanging around him all day desperate to get him to another show. Then you cunts went and rattled him even more!

Anyway, someone mentioned "Deranged" earlier which brought up a vivid memory for me. I was reading an Apter mag when I was about 15 and there was a picture of this skinny boyband looking guy with a massive cheesy grin and some girl's trousers with the caption "Deranged". I went mental and ranted at my brother for ages about his name not matching his image and how stupid it was to go around calling himself something so inappropriate with his look. Furious I was.

• Paid Members
Glen Kulka anybody?

Glen Kulka was supposedly going to be massive in 1998. Didn't exactly happen did it? Did he have *any* matches after his WWF run?

I'm sure he was doing some MMA commentating for some Canadian promotion a few years back. Wasn't one of the programmes on TWC back in the day?

Glen Kulka anybody?

Glen Kulka was supposedly going to be massive in 1998. Didn't exactly happen did it? Did he have *any* matches after his WWF run?

I'm sure he was doing some MMA commentating for some Canadian promotion a few years back. Wasn't one of the programmes on TWC back in the day?

I can't remember him ever being on TV apart from as a lumberjack for that Sid v Bret world title match that somehow ended up on Superstars.

Archived