Indy wank from the late 90s/early 2000s.

IANdrewDiceClay

Most of these names are only familiar to me from EWR, where they'd be choice hires as they had stats better than Steve Austin :) Vic Capri I definitely remember from that game. Scoot Andrews too.

I remember hiring a young chap called Orlando Jordan and making him into a super, super over babyface, so when years later he turned up in WWE I thought he'd go far. Turns out he was wank.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of these names are only familiar to me from EWR, where they'd be choice hires as they had stats better than Steve Austin :) Vic Capri I definitely remember from that game. Scoot Andrews too.

Since you opened up the EWR door let me mention a few more indy guys that I recall having great stats back then: Greg Pawluk, Keven Martel, Van Wicked. I remembed looking at their stats and just thinking that these guys must be absolutely phenomenal. Needless to say, they got big pushes in my EWR universe. :)

halfpintbrawlers.jpg

Half Pint Brawlers on Spike TV, baby! Good times! :) Plus, Nate was also on WSX on MTV and even NWA-TNA for a few weeks as one of Daniels' minions along with an unmasked Delirious and GQ Money.

I think we just answered the "where's Adam Windsor now?" query.

• Awards Moderator
I have two additional names to throw into the mix.

Quiet Storm

This guy was being touted for great great things, he was getting regularly booked in ROH and went over to Japan to learn his trade (Michinoku Pro IIRC) he then subsequently disappeared off the face of the planet.

BJ Whitmer

Trained by Les Thatcher, and at certain times I even heard the lines 'The Next Benoit'. In reality he was bog standard average and all he could really do was suplex people

Quiet Storm was in Japan for KDOJO until recently as he's just returned to the US where he has done a few indy dates. I think he's looking at returning to Japan soon.

I seem to remember his Storm Cradle Driver being the silliest-looking finishing move I'd ever seen. I'm 90% sure the opponent had to head-drop themselves to make it look the way it was supposed to.

• Paid Members

Most of them have been named, but I also remember "Hurricane" John Walters as well. Good look, but very indy, and I always thought "Walters" was a rather un-cool surname to have - always had connotations of "Walter the Softy" from the Beano.

Anyone know what he's doing now?

Most of them have been named, but I also remember "Hurricane" John Walters as well. Good look, but very indy, and I always thought "Walters" was a rather un-cool surname to have - always had connotations of "Walter the Softy" from the Beano.

He's the current champion, top heel and leader of the top heel group in Lucha Libre USA Masked Warriors (the U.S. lucha promotion that was broadcasted on MTV 2 & MTV 3 and is now pretty much a touring promotion). He goes by RJ Brewer in LLUSA.

• Paid Members

He's the current champion, top heel and leader of the top heel group in Lucha Libre USA Masked Warriors (the U.S. lucha promotion that was broadcasted on MTV 2 & MTV 3 and is now pretty much a touring promotion). He goes by RJ Brewer in LLUSA.

He popped up in 4FW in Swindon a couple of months ago as well. He was... a later 90s indy guy.

Steve Bradley it was cheers Magnum Milano.

He go on to do anything of note?

Sadly he died in 2008. Rumour was it was suicide but this has not been confirmed.

I remember his little bio thing on Promotion Wars calling him 'the WWF's answer to Rob Van Dam'. I don't think I ever actually laid eyes on him, but I'd still go on about him being the IC champ before the end of the year to my mates. I think I even made a CAW of him on the first SmackDown! game for PS1, which was praise indeed since you only got to save 4 CAW's at a time IIRC.

• Paid Members

He popped up in 4FW in Swindon a couple of months ago as well. He was... a later 90s indy guy.

Walters also beat Doug Williams for the ROH Pure title in 2004, losing it to Jay Lethal in 2005.

He's done more than one spell in this country. I think he may have wrestled in IPW:UK (it was obviously memorable!) and Big Benny HG rated him vs Martin Kirby in GPW highly.

Archived