Indy wank from the late 90s/early 2000s.

IANdrewDiceClay

Just in case anyone's not heard the story, during McGuinness's early, awful days, he was working for All Star and the gimmick was that the ring announcer would shout "Nigel McGuinness" during the match and the crowd were meant to respond "He's in it to win it!"

Given how bad a match at Croydon was, Dean Ayass persuaded the group he was with to all instead shout "Go to the finish!"

The Global Wrestling Alliance was somewhere between wacky and shit. It wasn't actually designed to draw any money as such. Instead the idea was to get it just big enough to run an IPO (aka float it on the stock market) and make a shitload of cash out of investors who'd heard wrestling was big business.

Thats so bad its kind of good, I saw him once in southampton for All Star really wish they had done this. They may have as that sticks out as possibly one of my top 3 drunkest shows. I know after being able to hold up Johnny Storms title during the entrance that I then just tried to grab the HWA belt of Nigel who looked very annoyed

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of touted WWF Developmental guys who never really amounted to anything:

waterman2.jpg

I'll never forget WOW describing him as ''Billy Gunn with charisma'', in an article about the breakout stars with OVW. I think they meant it in a positive way.

Basically anybody Mikey Whipwreck trained can be grouped together. SAT, Quiet Storm, Chris Devine, Brian XL (although renaming him Malcolm XL in XPW was one of the few XPW moments that amused me).

Archived