Indy wank from the late 90s/early 2000s.

IANdrewDiceClay

I actually quite like Christopher Daniels, he's nowhere near as terrible as he is made out to be. He is a tremendous talent, its probably just a shame his fan-base has tainted him somewhat. Some of his TNA run has been magical, while of course a lot of it has been woeful too.

The Amazing Red is one for me, maybe not late 90's but definitely a name thrown around a hell of a lot, same with Low Ki too.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1.jpg

Vic Capri

Had the truely awful nickname of 'Ice Pick' Vic Capri. Only ever saw him the once on an IWA-MS show when he was being managed by Sherri Martel. No idea what the Queen was doing working shows for Rotten, but at least she didn't end up blading on this one, like she did on an earlier show that she worked for him.

• Paid Members
Great idea for a thread, and the big shouts are already taken.

On a slightly different tact, HOW FUCKING MUCH were Power Slam on Scott Vick's cock when he was in OVW or Memphis or wherever it was? It seemed like every bastard month they would mention what he'd been doing whilst waiting for the call up. "Billy Gunn is set to return in October, he may be involved in the Austin hit and run story......The Rock's meeting with team behind "The Mummy" was said to be encouraging......Scott Vick nipped out to Asda to buy a bag of apples.....Bret and Vince have had a chat on a bench...." and the like.

I'd not been that switched on to WCW between 98 and 2000, so I was pretty excited to see what we were getting with this huge signing. Then we all went fucking spastic when "Katie Vick" was named. He's coming lads, he's coming!!! Never came. Thanks a lot Power Slam.

Haha, that's all I could think of when the name Scott Vick came up, count me in as another one really excited waiting for his non-debut...

1.jpg

Vic Capri

Remember him being all over the mags at one point. When I was about 13 or 14 (about 10 years ago) I went to a show in Maysfield leisure centre in Belfast which had him, Daniels, Modest and Doug Williams involved. Never heard or read too much about him after that but remember thinking he must have been a big deal if he was all over the mags. Cant remember much of his match that night either right enough.

He wrestled James Mason (who came out to Boyzone - when the going gets tough) if I remember correctly. He was pretty decent but think he retired not long after due to injury. That tour is what Doug Williams credits with him getting his start in America.

In 2002 when I was in NY for Survivor Series I caught a show with a bunch of the people mentioned on here so far. It was the debuting Alpha Pro Wrestling at the old ECW stomping ground, the Elk's Lodge in Queens.

78 fans was I believe the official turnout. It was a proper laugh though, as half of the wrestlers realised it was a washout and they just had a laugh. Da Hit Squad were especially funny, breaking out Hogan and Freebird impressions.

Some of the guys there were...

Deranged

Mike Quackenbush

Da Hit Squad

Balls Mahoney

April Hunter

Slyk Wagner Brown

Devon Storm

Xavier

Billy Fives

Homicide

Winger (from Big Japan)

• Paid Members
Da Hit Squad were especially funny, breaking out Hogan and Freebird impressions.

I'm guessing it was Maff flexing his pythons, and Monster Mack doing the shipping forecast.

Da Hit Squad were especially funny, breaking out Hogan and Freebird impressions.

I'm guessing it was Maff flexing his pythons, and Monster Mack doing the shipping forecast.

Shipping forecast with shoulder pads on. It was amazing.

Maff was fucking April Hunter out back while Slyk Wagner Brown cried, wanked and filmed it.

• Paid Members

I have two additional names to throw into the mix.

Quiet Storm

This guy was being touted for great great things, he was getting regularly booked in ROH and went over to Japan to learn his trade (Michinoku Pro IIRC) he then subsequently disappeared off the face of the planet.

BJ Whitmer

Trained by Les Thatcher, and at certain times I even heard the lines 'The Next Benoit'. In reality he was bog standard average and all he could really do was suplex people

BRAKUS

Powerslam wrote alot about him around 1997, hailed him as the next big thing etc, I remember a few promo's aired on Raw talking about coming after Jeff Jarrett then Bret Hart.

Only saw one match of his from ECW against Taz I think, great body but was awful the Rob Terry of the late 90's.

BRAKUS

Powerslam wrote alot about him around 1997, hailed him as the next big thing etc, I remember a few promo's aired on Raw talking about coming after Jeff Jarrett then Bret Hart.

Only saw one match of his from ECW against Taz I think, great body but was awful the Rob Terry of the late 90's.

I remember seeing him on the "Mayhem In Manchester" WWF show. He was terrible.

I have two additional names to throw into the mix.

Quiet Storm

This guy was being touted for great great things, he was getting regularly booked in ROH and went over to Japan to learn his trade (Michinoku Pro IIRC) he then subsequently disappeared off the face of the planet.

BJ Whitmer

Trained by Les Thatcher, and at certain times I even heard the lines 'The Next Benoit'. In reality he was bog standard average and all he could really do was suplex people

Quiet Storm was in Japan for KDOJO until recently as he's just returned to the US where he has done a few indy dates. I think he's looking at returning to Japan soon.

Spyder Nate Webb

03.jpg

Saw him in the WWA in Glasgow, 2002 possibly. Fairly sure that was his biggest gig and don't recall that much from him afterwards, aside from coming out to Teenage Dirtbag in IWA-MS.

halfpintbrawlers.jpg

Half Pint Brawlers on Spike TV, baby! Good times! :) Plus, Nate was also on WSX on MTV and even NWA-TNA for a few weeks as one of Daniels' minions along with an unmasked Delirious and GQ Money.

• Paid Members

Webb is fucking terrible. Possibly my least favourite performer in the history of OGS. Shit look - who actually believes this guy should beat anyone up? - bloody Wheatus entrance song designed to get the mutants in attendance to sing along, giving him an apparent reaction much louder than he'd get if he came out to basketball highlights #27, stupid indyrrific repertoire. That finish he does/did(?) called Soylent Green was the worst, because it used to prompt Gargiulo to shout "IT'S PEOPLE! IT'S PEOPLE!" like the motard he is. All the worst things about indy wrestling, MUCH worse than the Kenny Kickpads ensemble, at least some of them look a bit like they'd knock your block off. Webb looks like that dickhead that went to your college that you wish you had an excuse to punch.

Archived