NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Any thoughts on Bull Dempsey and Becky Lynch then?

Not sold on Dempsey's look to be honest. Lynch has oodles of charisma and could do well.

Nice to see WWE haven't stopped with the Stereotyping...

Yeah, Lynch's gimmick is not the best but she seemed to get a decent reaction and looked pretty good in the ring.

Poor show this week. Bull Dempsey looks awful, the kind of thing that shouldn't even get on NXT and will get nowhere near the main roster if there's any sense. Perhaps with a different outfit, he'd be alright.

Becky Lynch has been my favourite female wrestler since before I even signed up on the UKFF, and this is the first full match I've seen of hers. She was shite. The dancing gimmick doesn't work for her either, she doesn't seem to know what she's doing with it. I don't know if it was nerves or what, but she was woeful.

Rob Van Dam vs Adrian Neville was a load of wank as well. A lot of it was how I imagine those shit indie matches to be, and something about RVD makes it impossible to get invested in his matches.

The Vaudevillains (or Vaude Villains, as English pronounced it) are really fun. Not sure it's the kind of thing that'd go on the main roster, but a nice NXT gimmick. And I missed the original run of Cass/Enzo so I didn't care for that, but it seemed fine.

• Paid Members

Yep, shite episode this week, which was a shame since I've been enjoying the show.

With Becky Lynch, it seemed they were going for the goofy, daft, fun-loving kind of act, when they already have the exact same thing in Bayley and Emma. It's also exactly what they had with Xavier Woods. I know that sort of thing has gone over well with the Full Sail crowd, but is this the only thing they could come up with?

Simon Gotch is a fun act and I do get a kick out of it, but it is strictly indie-level and should go nowhere near the main shows. I guess it's just a character to allow him to grow/develop/learn while in NXT. It also raised a chuckle from me in that the whole thing is PRECISELY the gimmick UK wrestler Tyler Bate has been using, black and white video, showground music, strongman belt, moustache and all.

Bull Dempsey was horrendous, and the Neville vs. RVD bout was crap.

• Paid Members

It's like Pity said, there's just something about RVD which sucks all the investment out of his matches. I either skip them or don't like them. In his match with Neville, me and my mate were putting bets on at which point he'd hit his 3 spots and cheered for the inevitable headspike bump.

I can only assume that all new WWE Divas are now required to have some sort of brain damage gimmick. Other than the BFF's and Paige they are either dancing muppets or pretending to Fairies and I'm still not sure what Bayley is.

Also when building up a new guy as someone who likes a good scrap don't have him doing chin locks throughout the match, seriously that Bull match felt like it lasted 30 minutes.

• Paid Members

Bull Dempsey was on NXT about a month ago doing a quick job for somebody (might have been Adam Rose?). Now they throw him out there and tell us he's a wrecking ball, expecting everybody to just forget that we saw him lose just a few weeks ago. The character is a nice idea- a throwback bruiser type, but he doesn't have the body to pull it off. Crap shoulders and arms on him.

Becky Lynch was pretty embarrassing. Needs to drop that Irish dancing bollocks immediately.

The show was saved by the awesome return of Enzo Amore though. I'm so happy he's back, as were the Full Sail crowd. Realest guy in the room and the most over by a long way.

Becky Lynch's Irish dancing gimmick is utterly cringeworthy. She looks like she's never done Irish dancing in her life, which makes it far worse. Actually saying 'diddly dee, diddly dee' as she's doing it - so bad! Why on earth they would give her that, I have no idea.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Bull Dempsey was on NXT about a month ago doing a quick job for somebody (might have been Adam Rose?).

Mojo Rawley (who I can't stand). Although that was a bit longer than a month ago. He also lost to Aiden English about 8 months ago.

Edited by The Dart

Becky Lynch's Irish dancing gimmick is utterly cringeworthy. She looks like she's never done Irish dancing in her life, which makes it far worse. Actually saying 'diddly dee, diddly dee' as she's doing it - so bad! Why on earth they would give her that, I have no idea.

Because she's Irish -- but you're absolutely right that she looks like she's never done Irish dancing before. She looked like she's got no concept of how to even work a gimmick or anything, or she doesn't quite know what the gimmick is. It came off like someone just shouted "do Irish dancing!" right before she went through the curtain and she was too nervous/inexperienced/useless to figure out how to make it work. The idea in and of itself could be alright with work (albeit a bit stupid when there are so many dancing gimmicks already), but the execution of it was some of the worst I've seen. They shouldn't put her on the show again until they work out what her act is and how to make it not rubbish.

Edited by King Pitcos

The Bull Dempsey thing was just weird. They were putting him over as a new Terry Gordy or something, but what was happening on screen didn't match the commentary at all! It is a development league though, so will have to see how he develops. The core idea is sound enough.

Where's Finlay these days? Get him on screen as Beckys mentor, pissed at her for the way shes acting and who moulds her into a tough as fuck babyfaced brawler. Probably a crap idea but can't be any worse than what she's doing right now.

Where's Finlay these days? Get him on screen as Beckys mentor, pissed at her for the way shes acting and who moulds her into a tough as fuck babyfaced brawler. Probably a crap idea but can't be any worse than what she's doing right now.

Am I the only one thinking Prince Devitt could wind up being her dancing brother, seeing as they're both Irish?