NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I think it's awful!

None of the matches on Takeover were as good as Cesaro vs Zayn at ArRIVAL, but overall it was a cracking 2 hours.

Starting with Adam Rose was great, as he came in from outside at the end of the pre-show and got the crowd going from the very beginning. Camacho impressed too, though facing Rose you have to be a bit of a pantomime villain.

Ascension vs Local & Kalisto was kept quite short, but that was for the best as it maximised the impact of the Ascension.

I was disappointed with the early going of the number one contenders match, and it was scrappy in places, but in the end it was a lot of fun. The end was genius, and the Sami Zayn story is intriguing.

Mojo Rawley getting killed by Rusev was hilarious.

I was very impressed with the women's match and how they made it feel like a big deal. I wonder what the women's wrestling afficionados will make of it.

The main event was an excellent 20 minute slow builder. I can't imagine a bout like that getting a prominent PPV spot, but that's for HHH to work on, isn't it.

Make sure you check out the NXT Fallout post-show, done outside the building like the pre-show, in front of the live crowd.

Heyman & Renee host. They further the Kidd/Natty storyline, teasing dissension, Heyman shit-stirs between them. Kidd walks out on the interview without saying anything and blows off Natty's attempts to hug. Natty then gets upset with Heyman's questions. Tyler Breeze also comes out with a new woman, his personal make up artist and confronts Adrian Neville.

As post-game shows go, this was really good.

Oh, and Tyler Breeze new theme music that he SINGS HIMSELF is AWESOME!!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by ClassicsGuy

I don't think I'd watched much NXT since Arrival, but the video packages got the issues across well. All simple stories to follow, and fine for a show like this. Regal's commentary doesn't seem like it'd work for the major shows at all, but it's really enjoyable in this kind of setting.

The matches weren't great. Zayn vs Breeze wasn't as good as Cesaro vs Breeze, but I liked Sami Zayn more here than I did there. His entrance is very fun. Breeze's entrance is brilliant. I don't want to say it'll translate to the main roster, because Adam Rose is a bit dodgy on the big roster so far, but it's fun. I think Breeze did really well here. He's perfect as the number one contender for Adrian Neville as well. You've got a bloke whose gimmick is that he's gorgeous versus... Well, Adrian Neville. They're perfect rivals.

Charlotte seems a good bit away from being any good and she's odd-looking (but I like her "let's do like what we did with Mr Perfect's music for Curtis Axel" theme), and Natalya's still rubbish. This was her best match that I've seen though, probably. I think her and Tyson Kidd would be at their best as regulars on NXT, going around like the wrestling business owes them a living. Natalya comes across like that on every out-of-character interview and episode of Total Divas that I've seen.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I think Natalya has done well, considering her parents are crack heads and thieves. She broke the Neidhart curse. *pulls beard and LOLs*

Its actually going to be odd when the Anvil dies when Natalya is on the active roster. Because I definitely see Big Jim going out in a style which makes headlines on Slam Wrestling. They usually dont do tributes to the type of death I'm expecting Jim Neidhart to suffer. I imagine Natalya coming out grinning and pretending it never happened under Vince's "delete all footage of the crackhead" policy.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I love all the NXT commentary teams but I wish they would just settle on one or at the very least have them taking turns for more than one show at a time, say blocks of three for example.

To me NXT is the perfect wrestling TV show short, fun and to the point.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Thought NXT Takeover was a super show. Zayn vs Breeze, the Divas match and the main event all really delivered in the ring and all of the filler bits were watchable. Unfortunately I still don't see much potential in Neville as a main roster character, but he's good in these sort of matches. Still believe his best bet for a call up would be as half of a high flying tag team.

The post show thing was a lot of fun too. Renee and Heyman were awesome together.

• Paid Members

Loved Takeover. It was a lovely mix of well built matches and squashes to get people over. These NXT supershows really tick all the boxes. I really like Tyler Breeze. When I first saw him he looked like a gimmick for the sake of a gimmick. Like the Maestro in WCW or something. Where we dont actually know why he's a Maestro and what he's up to. But Breeze is playing the character really well and they packaged him great on Takeover. Takeover is the show with all the eyes on it, so they gave him that cool entrance theme which did so much for his overall presentation. Like when they put Sexy Boy on Shawn Michaels and put Sherri with him. Michaels was an awesome wrestler and had a bit of attitude obviously, but as fans we always need the bells and whistles attached to reminds us this is someone who is a big deal. Adam Rose is like a different bloke on these shows compared to his outings on Raw. On the post show and pre-show he looked like a massive star. They've really did him a disservice the way they threw him out there Emma style. They should have build him with in depth vignettes. Razor Ramon style, so we learn about him. Instead of the 10 second clips we saw before his debut. Or they should have at least waited until they were in England.

Absolutely brilliant show. In fact the whole package with the pre and post-shows are exactly what WWE should be doing. It's treating the storylines and characters somewhat seriously and realistic but with enough fun so it's not just straight and boring like Cornette's vision of ROH.

Also, how likeable is Zayn? The line about being a bad brother from dedicating everything to wrestling etc., and how all he is is a wrestler was brilliant.

Best women's match in ages too and don't mind them bringing in Ric and Bret. If this was done on Raw or SD, I can imagine some terrible segments involving the seniors but this was well pulled off. After the bell rang, I was almost a little teary when all four hugged. Must have been a wonderful moment for the Flairs following Reid's death a while back.

I think Tyson has stepped up his game too. At one point following Total Divas, I was hoping for a gimmick where Tyson aimlessly wanders around fucking up Nattie's chances at the belt and not giving a shit, but this dynamic is really interesting. He's looking in the best shape he's ever been in and he's saying just enough. His facials have gotten better too I think.