NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I just want to let everyone know that I'm REALLY hoping they use Adam Rose on NXT this week!!

They did and they ruined his music.

Ā 

Watched it this morning and it really is silly how deflated I felt when I heard his new music. Making toast in the kitchen for me and the littl'n, he shouts "Dad, Adam Rose is up next!!" I came in, heard the music and my shoulders dropped. haha!

Ā 

Why on earth did they muck about with his theme???? I mean when has a crowd ever chanted (THAT WAS AWESOME) for an entrance?!?! His new music is very very similar but it was great as it was! maybe they never actually had the rights to play it in front of a crowd and this is Jim Johnston's version of it possibly? Nice to see Camacho for the first time in a looong time.

Ā 

Good show overall. I can't get into Mojo Rawley. He crosses that fine line of seeming desperate for cheers. Enjoyed watching Bayley and Natalya :-P Quite liked Aiden English and it's an obvious one but would love to seem him develop the character a bit more and team with Sandow. Corey Graves and Sami Zayn is a nice lasting feud that totally has my interest.

Ā 

Regal is everything JBL SHOULD be!

• Paid Members

They must not have bought the rights to the original theme. Now they are using a Serg Salinas version of it. Massive downgrade. Shame, but the entrance is still cool. The original theme was so perfect for him, though. And the thing is, if he'd have debuted with this new version, we'd have probably still loved it. But it just doesn't measure up to the original. On the plus side, NXT is developmental and they dont take it to seriously, there's a good chance the original will be back eventually. They've fucked about with gimmicks, characters, costumes, music in the past. So it wouldn't stun me if its back in a few weeks. The difference between who watches Raw and who watches NXT is in the millions, so nobody is paying super close attention to it. Hopefully it'll be back.

Ā 

I can take NXT or leave it right now. The nature of the show is that its only as good as who is on it, and the shows haven't been up to much recently. Hope it improves soon.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I think Ian is joking. He's using "Serg Salinas version" instead of "total rip-off version". It's the modern equivalent of "Jimmy Hart version".

Ā 

I did fear they might encounter this problem. Not the first time they've fallen foul with a theme used on NXT, IIRC - I think the theme they briefly gave Conor O'Brien when he was doing the one-man version of The Ascension gimmick turned out to be an instrumental version of a real song, and when people started leaving comments on the band's YouTube page about it they kicked up a fuss & got it pulled.

Ā 

Imagine exactly the same thing happened with the Adam Rose theme (particularly at the new one this week was obviously dubbed in in post-production, as the crowd & Rosebuds were chanting along to the old "woah" pattern, and Rose mouthed "World Goes Wild" before the crowd surf bit.

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members

Just been watching the Adam Rose debut again, and it got me thinking, is the Roman Gladiator in the party, Eli Cottonwood of 'Moustache Promo' fame? Sure does look like him.

Edited by Nick James

Just been watching the Adam Rose debut again, and it got me thinking, is the Roman Gladiator in the party, Eli Cottonwood of 'Moustache Promo' fame? Sure does look like him.

Ā 

I thought that too, but cannot confirm or deny it was him. I thought he got let go.