NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

There's some clean & clear versions of the new Adam Rose theme going around now, and after a couple of listens I've worked out the main issue with it, compared to the old one.

The "hey" for "whoo" swap is a problem, as the "hey" just doesn't pop in the same way, but it's the positioning of the "woahs" that's really the problem. On the original version, they'd done an edit to bring the "woahs" to the beginning of the song, and repeated them a few more times at the expense of the first verse. On their own version, they've done quite the opposite. The "woahs" themselves on the new one are fine, and the structure is almost as catchy for singing/dancing along. They just need to be more up front.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Oliver Grey returned to action this week. Good to see him back after such a long time out, he'd just won the tag team titles with Neville when he got injured and they dropped the straps to the Wyatt Family. That goes to show how long it's been since he was last seen. I actually see Grey as being Adrian Neville's best chance of main roster success, an exciting young British tag team would be easier to get over than Neville as a singles star.

Tye Dillinger (formerly Shawn Spears) and Jason Jordan are now a tag team, with proper matching gear and everything. They could be ones to watch, both have a good look. They could be lining these guys up to relieve The Ascension of the belts, which may mean a call up. Speaking of The Ascension, I love the camera work for their entrance, where both guys rise up into the shot like monsters emerging from a lake or something.

Fun Khali squash match on the show too!

• Paid Members

Jordan & Dillinger have themselves a tag team finisher too, MNM's Snapshot. All they're really lacking is a team name.

Agreed on the Ascension "rising" entrance too, it's great. They used the same effect once with Leo Kruger when he debuted the hunter gimmick and it looked awesomely creepy. No idea why they never repeated it with him. Given that they are "The Ascension", I wonder if they might try something Brood-esque with the entrance if they get to the big shows?

I've actually come to quite enjoy The Ascension in general as of late - Viktor's running past the crawling opponent & sliding down in front of him as he desperately tried to reach the corner was a nice spot. Now The Ascension are on the face side, I'd really like to see Rowan & Harper come back to NXT for a one-off challenge for the tag titles, I think it'd be a nice dynamic between the two teams. Probably have to go to a double-DQ or something, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Adam Rose has a lot of steam in NXT, I hope he stays there for a while whilst on TV.

Bo is looking like a big deal and I think he will have this 'Bolieve' shtick down on the main roster. The righteous entrance with the overbearing Americana tones and his facial expressions throughout the match are quite different to what anybody else is doing at the moment. Cracking little match with Tyson Kidd this week, Kidd is looking at home on NXT.

The tournament is a good way of establishing a new Women's champ. Chucking in main roster divas isn't a bad idea either. It could be a nice moment with Paige handing over the title on the next live show.

This week's main event was pretty boring. Neville could be doing worse than beating fairly established guys that have been around for a few years but Brodus hanging around NXT reeks of 'being sent back to developmental' opposed to Tyson Kidd who is at least having good matches. Also, Neville just isn't doing it for me.

Good show overall. Shame about the British guys involved now being released.

Edited by Sexy Dad

• Paid Members

So TV debuts & returns aplenty this week, freshening things up a bit.

Two more tag teams seemingly joined the chase after The Ascension, Sylvester Lefort being joined by Marcus Louis in the latest iteration of the Legionnaires, who lost to the debuting Kallisto & returning El Local. The former are obviously set up as a long-term team, not sure about the latter, despite their victory. Although they did have vaguely matching outfits (insofar as they both wore the same shade of blue) so it's possible.

The Rosebud who was attacked by Camacho was introduced as Captain Comic, who is apparently portrayed by former Legionnaire Garrett Dylan, aka Kris Kristofferson-son.

And on the divas side, Alexa Bliss debuted and is gorgeous. Been looking forward to her turning up since she was one of the very first Rosebuds at the "launch party".

I've always been a sucker for the little things in wrestling, particularly when they work. Case in point:

"From Charlotte, North Carolina...Charlotte" always sounded really stupid.

"From the Queen City, Charlotte!" sound great. I like her music, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Next NXT Special airs tomorrow guys. On paper, it seems like nothing special compared to the last but who knows!?

Their doing a pre-show again with a panel of Rene Young, Paul Heyman, Christian & Cesaro.

Line up is looking like this so far:

NXT Championship

Adrian Neville © Vs. Tyson Kidd

NXT Women's Championship

Charlotte w/ Ric Flair Vs. Natalya w/ Bret Hart

NXT Tag Team Championships

The Ascention © Vs. El Local* & Kalisto*

No.1 Contendership

Sami Zayn Vs. Tyler Breeze

Adam Rose Vs. Camacho

For those who dont know. El Local is Ricardo Rodriguez and Kalisto is Samuray Del Dol

• Paid Members

They've put an hour preview show up in place of a regular NXT for this week, which features an immense build up package for Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze. Superb stuff.