NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Different time that, though. NXT in the last 6 months has turned into a sort of separate brand since plans got set in motion to set the Network up. Since the launch of the network, NXT is seen by a lot of people in the US, so they are pretty much a third brand. I dont think you'll be seeing the champions of NXT called up any time soon. Neville and Bo Dallas were given the belt to sort of shove them into a position where they are showcased in a major role to see if they will blossom. Big E and Rollins were sort the brightest prospects, so they got the belt back when it first kicked off. If you watch NXT, the brightest prospect and one you'd imagine will be called up next is Sami Zayn. Its sort of booked like an indy these days. The bloke who gets the belt is the one who is sicking around.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

EDIT: Forgot to say, they buried the fuck out of Yoshi Tatsu, especially with that promo. I know heels are supposed to say mean things, but it sucks for Yoshi that every single thing Graves said was true. Then Yoshi looked like an idiot for not taking the countout, falling into Graves' trap, and getting zero offense. Future endeavoured maybe? They could have placed any old jobber in that spot.

Not a single person on earth cares about Yoshi Tatsu. Making him look like an idiot is a step up from him sitting at home posting tweets about his figure getting nicked. He's the lowest you can get in WWE. Who else could they have put in that spot? Tatsu has no future in the company. He's not worth protecting.

I'm not saying they should protect him, I'm saying that the fact they buried him so hard probably means he's getting his papers any day now.

He's gotten fat too. That's always the death blow to a WWE career, unless you're Big Show.

Am I the only one who hated Adam Rose? I was actually amazed the NXT crowd bought into it. Expected them to start with the Leo Kruger chants and basically take the piss out of the entire thing, but no (unless the sound editors have been hard at work).

Maybe it'll grow on me, but I doubt it.

(Apologies - just spotted the Adam Rose thread after I posted this. Mods feel free to move the post if more appropriate).

Edited by spartan

• Paid Members

Good show this week.

Paige and Sasha Banks was a decent match. Paige's aggressiveness and intensity is a joy to watch.

Charlotte is a bauwler, however. Looks like the South Park incarnation of Sarah Jessica Parker.

I can't believe how likeable Sami Zayn is. He looks like a cross between Dustin Diamond and Seth Rogen, but has a great personality that really comes transfer across and through the screen, whereas the man who's hyped to all fuck, Mojo, is dreadful. He sounds like Angry Cena crossed with Booker T and I don't get the 'hype' - excuse the pun - with this chap.

Bo Dallas is a future WWE Main Eventer no doubt. IRS must be chuffed to bits with how his flute and seed performed all those years ago.

I wasn't too keen on NXT this week. Not sure what it was but nothing seemed particularly memorable about anything. Paige/Sasha Banks was ok and then Natalya showed up, Mason Ryan looks the part but moves with as if he's running through mud, I don't care for Xavier Woods and I can't help but question if Bo Dallas is boarderline retarded or not. I know his gimmick is he's a heel who doesn't realise it, but his gormless grim just makes him look like a window-licker.

I'm still quite new to NXT as a standalone show, so will definitely stick with it.

• Paid Members

Tyler Breeze is a great man. The camera work at the start of his entrance is excellent. Yet to see him wrestle, mind.

I can see why they're into Mojo Rawley. Yeah, he's currently just an old chunk of coal but he can be a diamond someday (to paraphrase Billy Joe Shaver). It'll be great to see him improve during his time on NXT. I like him.

• Paid Members

Mojo is big, athletic and has natural charisma. In other words, he's got all the tools to be a star in the future. He's just super green right now, he wasn't even wrestling two years ago and he has no experience outside of WWE developmental. It will be interesting to see if he makes it.

NXT was okay this week; not as interesting as the week before.

Paige and Sasha Banks was pretty good except I wondered why Paige took so long to lock in her finisher and stopped to tidy her hair? I thought that the intensity dropped off a bit. Otherwise I think that Paige is great and the shining star of the Diva division in NXT.

Would have been nice to see more Sami Zayn although I think they build things more slowly in NXT, just like the way things used to be.

I think Bo Dallas is absolutely dreadful. That silly grin and his effeminate voice makes me want to slap him and in a white heat way, not a top heel way. I'm pretty sure that Bo Dallas has 'X Pac heat' and when the NXT crowd chant "No more Bo", they really mean it.

• Paid Members
I think Bo Dallas is absolutely dreadful. That silly grin and his effeminate voice makes me want to slap him and in a white heat way, not a top heel way. I'm pretty sure that Bo Dallas has 'X Pac heat' and when the NXT crowd chant "No more Bo", they really mean it.

Wrong, he's an amazing heel. The crowd love to hate him, that's why they make signs for him and chant at him when he comes out. I'm not convinced his act will translate directly to the main roster unless he actually gets some big wins though.

• Awards Moderator

Wrong, he's an amazing heel. The crowd love to hate him, that's why they make signs for him and chant at him when he comes out. I'm not convinced his act will translate directly to the main roster unless he actually gets some big wins though.

I love the gimmick, it's superbly played. I'd like to see a little more of it transition into the ring ("and now a Yes Lock, as taught to me by my friend and yours, Daniel Bryan") and then it's callup time.

The way Bo Dallas reacted to "boring" chants by saying "yes, its Bo's Ring! Bo's Ring" was tremendous. He's been a fantastic heel since he turned. Such a smug prick, he even makes me want to punch him. I'm not sure how it will all turn out in front of bigger crowds when he does get called up though.

Would I pay money to see him get beaten in a match? No. And surely the idea of a great heel is to be bad enough that fans want to pay money to see him get beaten by the good guy? I'm sure lots of people like him and some will pay money to see him but I'm not a "BOliever".

I don't think he is in the same league as guys like Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Terry Funk and Roddy Piper, all of whom have been great heels at one time or another.

I'm not looking to change anybody's mind here.

Edited by Million$Body

• Paid Members

There's a lot of talk today about NXT being used as its own brand, with people not getting called up and some even being brought in to work as pure NXT workers.

How would people react to that? It would be fantastic for me, having a NXT title match on PPV's would always be great, and it does have its own storylines and crossovers already. Would probably mean a move to live format or taped weekly though.