NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
Non-US viewers will get the live special split up into a few weeks of the TV show in it's regular time slot apparently

Ā 

Understand them wanting everyone to see it, but presumably there'll still be the regular TV show airing in US. Wonder if we therefore miss that?

Edited by Benno

Non-US viewers will get the live special split up into a few weeks of the TV show in it's regular time slot apparently

Ā 

Understand them wanting everyone to see it, but presumably there'll still be the regular TV show airing in US. Wonder if we therefore miss that?

Ā 

Good point, if the special is split over several weeks here and WWE Network is showing a new episode every week in the US aren't we going to end up a few weeks behind?

• Paid Members

Watched for the first time in god knows how long this week. Thought Tensai was a damn site better on commentary than he is in the ring.

Ā 

Loved the main event. The narcissistic guy has got his gimmick down and it had some great touches along with a solid promo.

Ā 

Adrian Neville was excellent. That finisher is just mind-blowing. If they let him do that on the main shows, he'll get over like no-one's business. What a shocking name though. Terrible.

• Paid Members
Adrian Neville was excellent. That finisher is just mind-blowing. If they let him do that on the main shows, he'll get over like no-one's business.

I hated JoMo's Starship Pain and AJ Styles' Spiral Tap because they look totally out of control. Every time they'd attempt it, they would land on their opponent differently. That to be says they don't have any control of it, thus making it bloody dangerous.

Ā 

However I've seen Neville's move a few times on NXT now. Not only is he totally in control of it, but the amount of clearance time he has is incredible. It looks so safe, always lands cleanly. Amazing move.

Adrian Neville was excellent. That finisher is just mind-blowing. If they let him do that on the main shows, he'll get over like no-one's business.

I hated JoMo's Starship Pain and AJ Styles' Spiral Tap because they look totally out of control. Every time they'd attempt it, they would land on their opponent differently. That to be says they don't have any control of it, thus making it bloody dangerous.

Ā 

However I've seen Neville's move a few times on NXT now. Not only is he totally in control of it, but the amount of clearance time he has is incredible. It looks so safe, always lands cleanly. Amazing move.

Ā 

Ā 

Totally agree about Neville's finish, and the best thing for me is that while it looks crisp and safe, it also looks like it bloody well knocks the fuck out of you. Loads of impact on Tyler Breeze this week. For a smallish bloke, Adrian lands with a hell of a lot of contact, just as it should be.

Absolutely. Thanks to the Network I spent yesterday familiarising myself with NXT, watching the last 3 eps and the "This is NXT" show. This could be something really special. It's almost like the modern version of the Barely Legal PPV, albeit with the WWE machine behind them. NXT is like a little upstart promotion in its own right, and this will be their first real exposure for a ton of people worldwide.

Ā 

I've checked out the occasional NXT match, but I'm only just now immersing myself. Sami Zayn is just wonderful. Besides his awesome wrestling ability, the last couple of weeks I've really liked his promo work. He's just so believable.

Ā 

It's refreshing how simple everything is kept in NXT. Clear cut heel, clear cut face, there's an issue, let's see who the better wrestler is. I'm more excited for the Zayn/Cesaro match after watching a couple of weeks build than I am for the WWE title match at Wrestlemania.

ive not been able to stream the show anyone else having trouble :(

After watching the pre-show, well up for this event. Having no streaming issues on my ps3.

The zayn/cesaro package that aired was so well put together.

So glad it's regal on commentary.

• Paid Members

Phenomenal show that I awkwardly had to watch the main event of on an online stream because the network conked out on both my laptop and PS3 during the Tyler Breeze match.

That opener between Cesaro and Zayn was quality, not sure if I'd rate it above the 2/3 falls though.

Stream conked out for my during Tyler Breeze entrance too. Managed to get it back just at the end of the match thankfully. Great show! Little disappointing with the ladder match but the outcome was well deserved. WWE did a great job at building so many superstars and divas over this show. The pre-show was great and obviously alot of effort went into it. Cesaro and Sami was fucking great as you expect, not as good as the 2/3 falls. But I wasn't expecting a better match, it's hard to beat. Too Cool was a nice surprise, how weird did Scotty 2 Hotty look without hair?

Ā 

I love what they've done with the set too. Place looks great, crowd was hot. Really fun two hour special. Hopefully many more to come.

Also lost my stream during Tyler Breeze's entrance, so missed the ladder match- it came back in for Neville raising the title. Went to try first row sports but I forgot they keep changing the actual site address, typed in firstrowsports.net and had a message come up about "this domain name has been shut by the US Federal Government". :/ google brings it up though. Have to wait a bit now to see the ladder match.

Ā 

Cesaro vs. Zayn and Paige vs. Emma were two fantastic bouts, glad there was no tech issues there. Seeing the NXT version of Emma makes me really sad about what's happening with her on Raw.

Ā 

Still think Shield vs. Wyatts has MOTY down though.

Ā 

The pre-show, the commentators and the fan atmosphere made this show feel like a huge fucking deal. I was getting goosebumps during the pre-show hype.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

Love the set-up of NXT, and it's great that WWE are really pushing it, and as such, is becoming a little beast in its own right. Cesaro/Zayn was awesome, it's just a shame that the network packed up right before the title match, was really looking forward to that.