NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

It's pretty incredible how great NXT is, I'd go as far to say it is one of WWE's best shows at the moment, Cesaro and Zayn were immense, absolute five star match there. Even the backstage bits, like where Emma was shown all psyched up zipping her hoodie made it seem so important. Two women who can wrestle better than the majority of women on the main shows and a ladder match for their main Title which fans don't chant boring or heckle the wrestlers in it as they aren't annoyed at how it is being booked or handled. Now the next show to look forward to is Raw in Chicago, for a totally different reason, to see how pissed off the Chicago fans are with the WWE product. Just waiting now for the current NXT stars to get onto the main shows and into important roles on the main shows and we should be okay then, as long as they book it as they are booking NXT now and don't just keep all these guys in the mid-card.

Just watched it. Really fun show. I only ever watch bits of NXT and don't find it as impressive as most, but this show really felt like something special in its presentation. The video packages for the women's match and Cesaro vs Zayn were top notch. The packages for Neville and Dallas were really good, too.

Cesaro vs Zayn was a wonderful match. I wasn't too impressed by their previous matches, but I loved this one. Cesaro's won me over since hooking up with Zeb. It's mad now how insecure people got thinking WWE sabotaging Sami Zayn by having him take off the mask when he started. He's really sympathetic and likable.

They should get him to give his mask to Adrian Neville, though. They need to figure out what they're going to do with Neville, and more than his height or his inability to speak, I think his face is going to work against him. Would there be a shitstorm of negative press if WWE just booked him in for a few rounds of plastic surgery? I think this was the first I've seen of Bo Dallas in his current gimmick. So creepy. If they don't want to throw that character on Raw and Smackdown, I could see him working as part of the Wyatt Family. Not that they need another member, but he's got the creepiness down and he's different enough to the other three that he'd add another element to the group. The ladder match was alright, one or two great spots, but it didn't live up to the opener. I was another one that fell foul of WWE spoilers, this time on Facebook, so that took the drama out of the match.

The women's match, due to the video hype, had a big fight feel that you rarely get in women's matches. But they didn't really deliver in the ring for me. Paige's submission finish is great-looking, but the match on the whole left me cold. I'm not very impressed by what I've seen of Paige anyway, and Emma's act has been exposed a bit now it's died in front of proper audiences. It was still streets ahead of shite like Natalya and Naomi, though.

That Mojo Rawley guy is crap. I think Rusev is as well. Everything about him so far is just a slightly new spin on the monster heel role, and he's just a bloke who doesn't wear shoes. Nothing about him pulls off the part for me. He could well prove me wrong though. I've gone right off Xavier Woods as well. Tyler Breeze's entrance is cracking. I'm interested in seeing more of CJ Parker too, hated the gimmick as a babyface but find it intriguing for a heel.

Was it The Ascension or Grandmaster Sexay who was shit? Seemed like a good bit of miscommunication in that match and someone fucking up.

What a trio for the pre-show panel as well. It speaks to how important this show was to WWE that they used Nash, Bret and Heyman.

This show might have convinced me to keep the WWE Network past the trial.

• Paid Members
I think this was the first I've seen of Bo Dallas in his current gimmick. So creepy. If they don't want to throw that character on Raw and Smackdown, I could see him working as part of the Wyatt Family. Not that they need another member, but he's got the creepiness down and he's different enough to the other three

I think it'd be weird having Bo in the Wyatt Family as he's Bray's real life brother. They have the exact same creepy smile and eyes. I think his Justin Bieber gimmick is really great and original, perfectly bordering over the top annoying friendly and disturbing. I love the guy. His in-ring isn't spectacular but he's perfectly solid.

• Paid Members

Am desperately trying to catch up with NXT. Managed to get my hands on the complete 2012 and 2013 recently, and last night got all of them from the first show of 2014 so I can catch up and not have to wait for another pack. Really looking forward to all of it.

• Paid Members
Was it The Ascension or Grandmaster Sexay who was shit? Seemed like a good bit of miscommunication in that match and someone fucking up.

I think it was down to Grandmaster, but I could be wrong. Just what it looked like, especially in that first spot where he stopped ducking offence and just stood there blankly and Viktor had to run at him instead of what looked like take a clothesline of his own.

Agree with you about the women's match too. It was streets ahead of anything on Raw and Smackdown, but women's wrestling as a whole usually looks weak and clumsy regardless of how talented you are.

So was that Earthquake's music at the beginning with HHH stood in the ring?

Yes it was or at the very least something very close to it, at first I thought it was some sort of overlap because I had just jumped from an episode of Raw featuring Typhoon to watch Arrival.

• Paid Members
I think Rusev is as well. Everything about him so far is just a slightly new spin on the monster heel role, and he's just a bloke who doesn't wear shoes.

Rusev talk, especially shoelessness always reminds of this gem:

• Paid Members
but women's wrestling as a whole usually looks weak and clumsy regardless of how talented you are.

You've clearly not seen enough womens wrestling. :)

I've seen enough in WWF/E, ECW, WCW and TNA to not want to search for any on the indies. I'm not so much as big a fan of their "workrate" as some people on here though ;)

but women's wrestling as a whole usually looks weak and clumsy regardless of how talented you are.

I've seen enough in WWF/E, ECW, WCW and TNA to not want to search for any on the indies. I'm not so much as big a fan of their "workrate" as some people on here though ;)

No, I appreciate womens wrestling is an acquired taste but saying womens wrestling is weak and clumsy just based on the stuff you've seen in WWE, TNA etc is like me saying 'All Lucha is psychology-less, sloppy highspots because I've seen them on WCW Nitro'

All womens wrestling you've seen may very well be weak and clumsy - God, if I'd only seen WWF/E etc stuff I'd probably think the same.

If you checked out some classic AJW matches and English bouts involving the likes of Klondyke Kate and Sweet Saraya you may still not enjoy it, but would certainly not say it was weak or clumsy.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

No, I appreciate womens wrestling is an acquired taste but saying womens wrestling is weak and clumsy just based on the stuff you've seen in WWE, TNA etc is like me saying 'All Lucha is psychology-less, sloppy highspots because I've seen them on WCW Nitro'

All womens wrestling you've seen may very well be weak and clumsy - God, if I'd only seen WWF/E etc stuff I'd probably think the same.

If you checked out some classic AJW matches and English bouts involving the likes of Klondyke Kate and Sweet Saraya you may still not enjoy it, but would certainly not say it was weak or clumsy.

Not to start a big debate, but basing an opinion off all mainstream wrestling programmes over 4 or 5 promotions is a better bet than basing it off the odd bout here and there from the indies. They'll be the exception to the rule, not the other way around.

Not to start a big debate, but basing an opinion off all mainstream wrestling programmes over 4 or 5 promotions is a better bet than basing it off the odd bout here and there from the indies. They'll be the exception to the rule, not the other way around.

Fair enough, which is why I said 'You've clearly not seen enough womens wrestling'.

Not being arsey, not trying to start an argument. Just offering an alternative point of view.

• Paid Members
Just watched it. Really fun show. I only ever watch bits of NXT and don't find it as impressive as most, but this show really felt like something special in its presentation. The video packages for the women's match and Cesaro vs Zayn were top notch. The packages for Neville and Dallas were really good, too.

Can't argue with this. I'm not a regular NXT viewer as I find it a bit dull generally. This was outstanding though. The opener and the main event were as good as you'll see on any show. Bit meh in the middle apart from the novelty of seeing Stone Cold Scott Taylor.

Disagree with Pitcos on Neville. He's no Tyler Breeze but he's not so disgusting looking that it'll hold him back. His work is too exciting not to get over. That fucking name though.

I watched the main event with my daughter. She thought it was more exciting than WWE but I did point out it was probably because it was a ladder match. She enriched the match with her comments and her oohs and aahs but then ruined it at the end by saying "Why do they have that big gold belt thing, I'd rather have a ... certificate".

I like Tyler Breeze. It's a good gimmick. Like Dolph Ziggler but with some commitment to it. It's effective. It takes about 14 seconds to get what t's all about.

Had they just planted John Cena for the ending? No way they don't cut to him every three seconds if he's there all night.

Steph's a born worker isn't she. LOL'd at "I never lost it".

Great effort.