NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

There's a lot of talk today about NXT being used as its own brand, with people not getting called up and some even being brought in to work as pure NXT workers.

Ā 

How would people react to that? It would be fantastic for me, having a NXT title match on PPV's would always be great, and it does have its own storylines and crossovers already. Would probably mean a move to live format or taped weekly though.

Ā 

I'd love to see NXT taped weekly or working on a live format although I still think they would use it for people to spend time in development and call them up.

Edited by Million$Body

Little late to the party, but I have only just caught up with NXT. Dallas, for me is great. The genius is in his total denial of being disliked. The "no more Bo" to "know more Bo" sigh change made me giggle.

Ā 

As said above, Paige is way ahead of the other girls, though I enjoyed her match with Emma. For someone who doesn't get to see much wrestling now, that was one of the best diva matches I have seen in a while.

Ā 

The Ascension look lile stars, Zayn is playing a great role and Regal on commentary is genius. The way he reacted to the dirtiest diva in the game comment got another laugh from me.

Ā 

Probably just echoing what has been said before. I'll quit rambling haha.

There's a lot of talk today about NXT being used as its own brand, with people not getting called up and some even being brought in to work as pure NXT workers.

Ā 

How would people react to that? It would be fantastic for me, having a NXT title match on PPV's would always be great, and it does have its own storylines and crossovers already. Would probably mean a move to live format or taped weekly though.

Ā 

They could try the whole ECW thing with it as well. If they could get it a tv spot, they could have it "taken over" by someone and run as a separate, underground fed, sparking a rivalry with the "mainstream" WWE.

Ā 

That means no NXT matches on PPV initially, but people in the crowd, challenges etc. leading to some NXT v WWE matchups later on.

Ā 

One thing WWE have never really achieved since the death of WCW is the feeling of genuine competition.

• Moderators

I think it is strong enough as a sub-brand as a feeder, it has its own identity but they keep it fluid as to how they work with the main shows.

Ā 

NXT has much more value as a known testing ground / minor league show where they can develop their talent without worrying too much about exposing them.

Ā 

As soon as you try to make it compete with RAW it's just going to make it look weak.

Apologies for being somewhat late on this but... just been catching up on the last few weeks WWE tv I have recorded. Am I right in saying that NXT Arrival hasn't been broadcast in the UK? That would be the show I've watched weeks of NXT hyping up to? The show with a supposed match of the year candidate on it? Most of all the show on which a British wrestler wins the main title?

Ā 

Unless I've missed something, this is an absolutely appalling decision by WWE. I came to this thread expecting to see page after page of people shitting all over this. I understand this is the internet age, but I shouldn't have to risk some dodgy streaming website to watch one of the biggest shows of the year.

• Paid Members

Yeah, they didn't show Arrival over here unfortunately. That bummed me out quite a bit as I actively avoided spoilers and expected them to show it in the regular Sky Sports NXT slot over the course of two weeks. It was always promoted as a 'Network exclusive' though and you calling it 'one of the biggest shows of the year' is a pretty extreme exaggeration isn't it?

Ā 

I feel we're pretty lucky to actually get NXT on TV over here at all, so I don't feel like I can complain too much. Didn't take much effort at all to find it online.

• Paid Members
I understand this is the internet age, but I shouldn't have to risk some dodgy streaming website to watch one of the biggest shows of the year.

Ā 

Pay for the WWE Network then. Or get the free trial, it's still going on til this weekend.

I understand this is the internet age, but I shouldn't have to risk some dodgy streaming website to watch one of the biggest shows of the year.

Ā 

Pay for the WWE Network then. Or get the free trial, it's still going on til this weekend.

Ā 

I didn't think the network was available in the UK yet? I heard Sky weren't going to allow the PPVs to be shown on it for us.

Ā 

Ā 

I didn't think the network was available in the UK yet? I heard Sky weren't going to allow the PPVs to be shown on it for us.

Ā 

If you go into the WWE Network FAQ that's been pinned, you can see how to access the WWE Network from the UK.

Ā 

Ultimately though the brutal reality is this: You don't have a right to watch Arrival. So either (a) wait patiently till WWE Network is available in the UK (b) sort out a solution to access WWE Network remotely or (c ) download a torrent.

Ā 

Sucks I know, but I recommend you go with option B.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne