NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Just watched the women's match, and it was cracking. The future of women's wrestling is very bright indeed.

Ā 

Only gripe is that I wished Natalya would learn to sell a figure four correctly. She was even trying to apply a reversal the wrong way up. The fact she was doing it in front of Ric Flair made it all the more cringey.

Ā 

I think reading all the anti Natalya posts on here has made me turn against her.

Ā 

Apart from that little winge... Top match .

• 2 weeks later...

Bo was great to watch in that segment. Though not sure where they are going with it. I wonder how they will bring him back if he doesn't take off on the road as suggested?

Ā 

Kidd and Neville look like they could have another 10 brilliant matches without boring me. Great job.

I like that they are making an effort with tag teams and giving them names. Surely can't be long before The Acension are on RAW?

Ā 

What happened to Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan? They had a good debut, matching gear and were looking for a name but seem to have vanished.

I like that they are making an effort with tag teams and giving them names. Surely can't be long before The Acension are on RAW?

Ā 

I dunno, everything about The Ascension gimmick SHOULD work but they just don't come across as 'big time' to me.

Konor has been in and out of developmental for close to a decade and Viktor....I dunno..... they are fast-forward material for me.

Surely can't be long before The Acension are on RAW?

Ā 

I dunno, everything about The Ascension gimmick SHOULD work but they just don't come across as 'big time' to me.

..... they are fast-forward material for me.

Ā 

I second this. I can't put my finger on what is wrong but whilst being obviously different (look wise) they seem to be very very bland.

The Ascension are ten times better since they ditched the slow motion goth entrance and gimmick and turned full on Rammstein. The camerawork on the entrance, just like a lot of the entrances on NXT, is excellent, and they've benefitted from brave booking, where the tag titles and long list of squashes has got them over with the NXT crowd, even if it was ironically at first. I'd drop Total Elimination in favour of a bigger impact move (their timing on it is off more often than not), but they're a solid team.

Ā 

Decent show all round this week. The Vaudevillains are ace, obviously - love Gotch's constant squatting and the double tumbling finish is neat. Breeze vs Kalisto was a great slow starter and showed they clearly have someone in the wings who can step up to the Rey Mysterio spot in the future. Mojo Rawley still comes off as a chump.

Ā 

Also top commentary throughout. Regal's gags about Gotch's circus family were funny, and highlighting Breeze's MITB approach to his title shot in keeping with his meticulous preening was inspired. I'm seeing Tyson Kidd having one more crack at Neville, losing again but turning full heel, battering Adrian, then Breeze cashing in his title shot for the win.

• Paid Members
Any thoughts on Bull Dempsey and Becky Lynch then?

Ā 

Not sold on Dempsey's look to be honest. Lynch has oodles of charisma and could do well.

Ā 

Dempsey is a bland fat fuck, and Lynch has one of the worst gimmicks in NXT. They'll both fail unless they get repackaged.