NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I think Tyson has stepped up his game too. At one point following Total Divas, I was hoping for a gimmick where Tyson aimlessly wanders around fucking up Nattie's chances at the belt and not giving a shit, but this dynamic is really interesting. He's looking in the best shape he's ever been in and he's saying just enough. His facials have gotten better too I think.

I am sure I read somewhere a couple of days ago that they are looking to put him under a mask and try him on the main shows again.

The Women's title match was really good. NXT has a good thing going with their divas division to be fair, this match like the Arrival women's title match felt major. Charlotte and Ric did make me feel a tad emotional at the end too.

Ā 

I'm glad that Breeze won the number one contenders bout as I'd like to see him get a bit more substance to his character and now he should get that chance by proving that he can beat a formidable opponent like Zayn when it matters. If Zayn is to stay on NXT for a fair while longer then there is time for him to get to the top of the place once Neville is finished with the title.

Ā 

I want to get in to The Ascension as they seem to be a constant on the TV, I get that they're meant to be dangerous and hard-hitting but the pair of them just aren't doing it in an exciting way.

Ā 

Adam Rose needs to stay on NXT for a while longer despite doing the main shows. It's where his character is working at it's best for now.

Ā 

Neville and Kidd put a good shift in. Got to echo the comments about him being better in a tag team though. It can be hard to watch NXT as it's own entity at times but knowing that the guys are promoted through the ranks every few months it can take you out of the moment at times to wonder where particular guys will end up once they are on Raw and Smackdown and as for Neville, I just can't see him there in his current role.

Ā 

Overall, a really solid show. There is a great pace to these big NXT shows as they aren't quite the length of a pay per view but don't have the commercials of a TV show. I'm looking forward to the next one already.

Ā 

Oh one last thought, has Mojo been made to look like a massive idiot like this in the last few weeks too or was this Rusev beat down the first time he has been decimated like that? It caught me off guard as last time I saw him he was mowing through CJ Parker and guys of his standing.

Edited by Sexy Dad

Oh one last thought, has Mojo been made to look like a massive idiot like this in the last few weeks too or was this Rusev beat down the first time he has been decimated like that? It caught me off guard as last time I saw him he was mowing through CJ Parker and guys of his standing.

First time, he's run through everyone he's worked up until the angle with Rusev.

Ah right. If it is going to build to an angle between the two then fair enough but I thought it was counterproductive to not have Mojo give at least a bit of fight back. If Mojo is just running around like Ryback on ecstasy without a care in the world next week it will be a bit odd.

• Paid Members

That Mojo squash really surprised me. I have to wonder whether they have just got bored of him and completely pulled the plug on his push. Wouldn't offend me if they took him off TV for a while and repackaged him once he's lost that muffin-top. I see potential in him, but he's miles away from being somebody they could push as a top guy, even in NXT.

Just listened to Takeover, and I know it's a little thing but I really wish Charlotte heeled it up. She was way too nice here. Plus even though she's trying to be face, boy, does Natalya come across as entitled.

Ā 

However I love Paul Heyman for saying this to her:

Ā 

"Harts play fair. Harts play nice. But Charlotte left with the title." ((Crowd pops)).

Ā 

NXT is great. Why is it that NXT and the championship is better handled that Raws / Smackdown midcard and the IC / US titles?!?

NXT is great. Why is it that NXT and the championship is better handled that Raws / Smackdown midcard and the IC / US titles?!?

Ā 

Less time, less Title's and a smaller roster to build a show around IMO. Why they haven't unified the US and IC Title's on the main show at this point is beyond me.

Ā 

Also doesn't NXT have it's own booking team? No doubt the people at the top have the final say but for the most part the NXT crew seem to be left to do their own thing and it's paid off big time.

• Paid Members

Not sure I really rate Neville, he's clearly a gifted athlete, but I can take or leave him. Which is the opposite of Tyler Breeze, who I think is a proper breakout star, if they choose to showcase him the right way. I fell in love with his entrance the first time I saw it, as it's genuinely one of the best ever, but I wasn't sure if he was any good at the wrestling part. Turns out he's quite accomplished at that part too. He's everything I like about wrestling.

Ā 

What's Sami Zayn like as a promo? He's clearly the best bloke from an in-ring standpoint on NXT.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
He's a really good promo, considering. He's just like a normal bloke, but in a good way. Really likable.

Ta. You can see him doing well once he gets called up. They clearly rate him, seeing how he seems to be positioned as the bloke they put out there to drag folk to a good match.

• Paid Members
He's a really good promo, considering. He's just like a normal bloke, but in a good way. Really likable.

Ta. You can see him doing well once he gets called up. They clearly rate him, seeing how he seems to be positioned as the bloke they put out there to drag folk to a good match.

I really hope his storyline develops a bit. His gimmick has always been that of a really nice guy but it's swiftly becoming "bloke who can't win important matches", which can never be described as a good thinf

• Paid Members

I really hope his storyline develops a bit. His gimmick has always been that of a really nice guy but it's swiftly becoming "bloke who can't win important matches", which can never be described as a good thinf

It's NXT, though. In the grand scheme of things, what you do on NXT means nothing to the vast majority of WWE's audience. If anything Zayn losing is a signal that he's not sticking about, seeing as it makes sense to keep Breeze strong for the NXT audience if he's staying about with Neville.

Ā 

He's one of the few you can see is ready for the call up to the show.

Edited by ColinBollocks