NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Great show but struggled to live up to the previous two which is understandable as this seemed more like anĀ  event to advance stories rather than a blow off event. The ending to the main event was the best thing I've seen in ages and I am raving to see Zayn win the title now, perfect storytelling. Thought the hair vs hair match was a bit of a cop-out but I supposed they are gonna get LeFort soon. The Diva's match was fine but it was the same story as the Paige vs Emma.

Ā 

Kenta came across great and they must be putting a lot behind him as a draw in the Japan market, changing his name is a bit daft though. After building him up for a month as Kenta. Those chants aren't going away any time soon.

Tremendous show. Personally I thought this was the best of the NXT live specials Only poor part was Dempsey/Rawley which they may as well have not even bothered with as no one seemed better off coming out of it and Rawley again fails to even come close to anything worthy of time. I've had pisses that lasted longer than that match. Complete waste of time on two people who arenot going to go anywhere

Everything else delivered and never dropped below being very enjoyable. The crowd wasn't as annoying as normal, they were still annoying, but not as much as the weekly shows, they only chanted for CM Punk once

Ā 

KENTA's name change seems a bit random as they spend the rest of the time referring to as KENTA. Seems daft to then change the name, unless it's at his request

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Good show. Really good main event, although it had that fucking superplex/powerbomb spot, which always annoys me as the bloke doing the powerbomb sells it like he's been hurt. And the commentators always pretend it's never been seen before. The ending of the match was great. Zayn is the man.

Ā 

I want to like Enzo Amore, but I just find him a bit crap. They need to be careful as well with him so he doesn't flop like Adam Rose, Paige and Emma. NXT can give people a false sense of security as far as how popular their gimmicks and performances are. It's telling that the NXT to main roster success stories this year, Rusev and Bo, are baddies. The ones that came in as goodies all had huge reactions in NXT and it didn't translate to bigger crowds.

Ā 

I really enjoyed the tag match. Sin Cara and Kalisto look awesome together.

Ā 

Ā 

Speaking of Bailey, im sure shes a nice girl and that but has there ever been a more unattractive Diva in the past 15 years that wasnt suppose to look vile as a gimmick?

Ā 

Ā 

I don't think so. She's absolutely rotten, facially. On the main roster, she might be best off having a double act with Neville as masked superheroes, although I think her act (while fitting WWE's troubling fetish for female wrestlers acting like retarded little girls) could do well with kids. The tube men and the giving out the tiara or headband or whatever are good.

Ā 

:laugh:Ā  "Bayley, you're one of the best divas we've had come along in years but if you're going to make it onto Raw then it's probably best that we put you under a mask."

Ā 

I actually think that Pac and Bayley's distinctive (the nicest word I can use here) faces could help them stand out a bit. Neville certainly, he looks like a gimmick. You two are being mean about Bayley anyway, she isn't that bad!

Bayley's looks are fine for an underdog face. She's not stunning but that probably makes her more endearing to many female wrestling fans. It's not like she's rank either, she's cute so I don't see it being a big deal.

Ā 

When I first heard about her she'd retweeted some younger female fans saying how much they looked up to her and I think that's influenced my views towards her. It'd make sense for WWE to have a female wrestler like Bayley. The likes of AJ and the Bellas are fine but they do need some more down-to-earth/role model divas.

• Paid Members

Thought the show was excellent from start to finish. Nicely paced so that nothing seemed to drag and all the big matches delivered. Have to give a special mention to Mojo Rawley being handed the most brutal burial I've seen in a long time. It's amazing that this guy went from dishing out one minute squashes to being on the receiving end of them in no time at all. I wonder what the story is there? He was always fucking rubbish, but for a while somebody clearly had big plans for him and that changed fast. I'd actually be surprised if we see him again for a long time after that. It looks like Baron Corbin might be getting his spot now anyway, I actually enjoyed his quick demolition of CJ. Super finisher.

Ā 

As mentioned above, Bayley doesn't have model looks but she does have a super arse and you can certainly see the marketability in her. The character grates on me, but knowing that kids adore her is pretty cool. Sometimes you just have to accept that not everything on the show is going to be to catering to your tastes. She would do well to find the right balance between cute and retarded though if kids are the intended demographic.

Ā 

A couple of things which I find worrying are that I found myself far more excited about watching this show than I am about the upcoming Night Of Champions next week and the NXT championship is presented in such a way that it actually seems more valuable than either the Intercontinental or US Championships do at the moment. This should never be the case with your developmental league. Speaks volumes about how good a job they are doing with NXT, comparatively to their booking of the main roster shows.

Ā 

Decent introduction for Kenta/Hideo. Fair play to him for having a go with his broken English, but for now I wouldn't mind if they found somebody that could be his on-screen mate and translator. It would sort of fit in with his presentation as an international sports star. I worry that if they want to present him as a serious competitor they don't really need people giggling at him struggling his way through simple sentences.

Not seen the last of Mojo (sadly) as he has done two matches at tonight's tapings (a rematch from Takeover and one against Tyler Breeze).

Ā 

It's just great to see KENTA in a WWE ring. Wrestlemania is just over 6 months away, so I reckon the plan is to have him work NXT until then and then maybe debut him on the post-Mania RAW

Edited by WyattSheepMask