NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I'm old school in that an Intercontinental/US title is sufficient for the smaller guys, with the real standouts moving up to the World title. Where you have to be smart is to keep the true heavyweights out of that secondary division.

With NXT, as with ECW, there is less of a need to separate the bigger lads from the smaller, because the whole show is about that fast-paced style.

I like what they seem to be doing with the names for the big indie guys - you can't just call them a random new name because they have enough of a following already, so they've gone with a name that has some kind of heritage or history behind it, as a sort of tribute.

Steens got to debut as a heel hasnt he? NXT has 4 solid top guys in Neville, Zayn, Balor and Itami. In terms of heels, who are the top guys? Kidd? Breeze?

I would have Zayn beat Neville for the title and then fued with a heel Steen, its a must. The matches they had in ROH were up there and its a guaranteed fued that will work. Give Zayn the belt around Nov/Dec and have him drop it Mar/Apr, then call Zayn up to the big time a couple of weeks after Mania 31.

Steens got to debut as a heel hasnt he? NXT has 4 solid top guys in Neville, Zayn, Balor and Itami. In terms of heels, who are the top guys? Kidd? Breeze?

I would have Zayn beat Neville for the title and then fued with a heel Steen, its a must. The matches they had in ROH were up there and its a guaranteed fued that will work. Give Zayn the belt around Nov/Dec and have him drop it Mar/Apr, then call Zayn up to the big time a couple of weeks after Mania 31.

Neville has started the heel turn process. The way he won the fatal four-way was heelish as was the "and that's why you'll never be the NXT champ" comment to Sami last week.

Early rumblings that the next NXT special May be December 11th. I wouldn't be suprised if they build to a Zayn/Neville title match there and have Zayn win it. The crowd were desperate to see him win at the last show, surely they won't have him come up short again. You could then debut Neville in the run up to the rumble or the rumble itself

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

That photo has done more to get him over with me than anything I've ever seen outside of his match on Thursday night. Polar opposite of the Bull Dempsey photoshoot we have all been laughing at this week. Some character intro vignettes would do Corbin a world of good. 

Got my wish this week. Thought the Sin City style vignette was good, looked fantastic but the dialogue was a little corny. More effective character building work than another 30 second squash match though.

Bull Dempsey is getting a push that in no way feels appropriate or believable. Some fans at Full Sail seem to enjoy chanting along to his theme tune, but beyond that I've not encountered anybody that likes this guy at all. Does he have any supporters on here?

• Paid Members

A review~!

Mojo Rawley versus Bull Dempsey - WHY ARE THEY STILL FIGHTING? Oh, now Mojo got beaten up by a small fop. Sucks to be him.

Tyer Breeze versus Justin Gabriel. Breeze's gimmick goes beyond the HBK Sexy Boy stuff and into weird. He should be on the register. I believe Justin Gabriel has been on the main shows while I've been away. Standards have obviously fallen. None more indy. Breeze's boots are sweet. What is Gabriel's gimmick? Is he Nise Dirt Bike Kid? I don't know. Maybe it's that he hits MOVES~! without success?

Bailey versus Alexa Bliss. Alexa Bliss needs to have a dark secret. Like she's into scat or something. Bayley's new outfit is very Macho Man. That's a good thing. Wacky wavey people~! The thing I like about the women in NXT is that they try to do wrestling. Slow impact it may be, but it's wrestling. I'd like to go belly to Bayley. Hey, it's Ric Flair's boy!

Hey, it's a wacky skit. Enzo has a sister! She wants to wrestle. Enzo says she's uggo. Haha, she's not! HOW YOU DOIN'? I fucking love these guys.

Enzo Amore versus Marcus Louis. Haha, I remember this angle when it was Kurt Angle. Louis with no eyebrows looks like a wrong 'un. SAWFT~! Enzo is awesome and I can't understand how Cass isn't already main-eventing Raw. They're just saying words. This is brilliant. These French guys are rubbish. I don't get how the French can ever be threatening heels. They just smell, am I right? Here all week.

Lucha Dragons versus The Ascension. The Ascension are the sum of so many tag teams from the past - the Acolytes, the Eliminators, etc - and yet so much less than all that. Lucha Dragons are perfect for fans of sloppy lucha. I miss Enzo already. This ref looks like a young Teddy Long - needs more moustache, though. I just read that this Sin Cara isn't the old Sin Cara, who was Mystico, but isn't Mystico now, he's Mysteziz. Still with me? Hey, look it's KENTA Hideo Itami, Distraction victory! They should be more professional. KENTA Itami needs a partner if he's going to take on the Ascension. I wonder if there's anyone out there...?