NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The missile dropkick is a move that WWE should probably just ban anyway. It's about as impressive as a headlock these days, used in much the same way, and it's dangerous. Daniel Bryan's problems started -- well maybe not started, but first made apparent and exacerbated -- when he half-paralysed himself for a bit doing a meaningless missile dropkick on Randy Orton.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I watched NXT again. I liked it, mostly.

Hey, it's Tyler Breeze. They're doing this thing where he's announced from different places, the idea being that he's this playboy who's seeking the party lifestyle. This week he's from Helsinki, where it's cold and dark and the suicide rate is really high. LET'S PARTY!

You know what I like about Mojo Rawley? He's old. I like old wrestlers. The territories were full of them - indeed, you could rarely work on top if you were under 40. Except Mojo's not actually old, he's only 28. But he looks 48. That's what STAYING HYPED does for you.

I feel for Mojo. I came into NXT after he was something. And now he's nothing. Bull Dempsey - who's disappeared for a few weeks, weirdly - killed him, and now Tyler Breeze, the tribute show HBK, has done, too. Match was okay. Weird ref stoppage, though.

Enzo & Cass do comedy! Steve Regal's office door at the Performance Center is a fire door. That must be odd for him. He was not amused by Enzo trying to get laid. Now THAT's getting old. Enzo got Carmella a try out after she did, like, four moves. But those four moves were better than any woman has done on Raw this year. Carmella did not want to cuddle Enzo. That makes me sad. It made Cass laugh.

Hideo Itami beat Viktor and the crowd did not like it. They didn't not like it, either, they just didn't care. It was, like, they love Itami but couldn't give two shits about The Ascension and are showing their disgust at the Ascension's evil by ignoring EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS. Itami looked like he knocked himself silly with a missile dropkick, and then Funaki got beaten up by Khonnor and those poor Japanese people are not having a good time of it. Where's REDACTED? This is getting old.

YES! It's the Vaudevillains. And, YES!, they're fighting Enzo & Cass. Adrian English did the highest standing legdrop EVER in this. Seriously, you have to see it. The Vaudevillains are seriously great. They do not have that traditional wrestler build, though, so *shrug*. Vaudevillains won, which makes me sad but also happy. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL.

Hey, it's women. On Raw or Smackdown this would be a terrible thing, a war crime almost. But on NXT, oddly, the women work. I can't imagine what happens between Florida and New York that makes them forget how to work - some weird roofies?

It's Becky Lynch - who is WILD - against Sasha Banks - who is CLASSY. They have a good little match, nothing special but telling a decent enough story. Sasha won with her new finisher, which is called the Bank(s) Statement. The S in parenthesis is mine, added for pedantry and accuracy.

Main event was Titus O'Neill, slumming it on the best show on the WWE network, and Sami fricking Zayn, who regular readers will know I absolutely adore. Bowling shoes in places, but it worked well enough. Titus won and was then going to BRUTALISE Sami but Adrian Neville made the save, ensuring that his terrible beard got at least 20 seconds on the show. THIS FEUD MUST CONTINUE!

I enjoy these reviews, but they remind me a bit of that film Encino Man. It's like you've been frozen in ice for 10-15 years and recently got thawed out in the modern day, and are still talking in the language of your times. It's very unusual, but makes for interesting reading. I feel like the posts should end with you having digs at CRZ and Scotsman, then a clickbait headline about diva nudes.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

They remind me of the match reports on EWR. Fun read :)

Ā 

Good to see Titus in NXT. Always thought he had 'something' but sadly a load of much more talented guys emerged at the right time for him to get a push. NXT should be a good outlet for him.

Hideo Itami beat Viktor and the crowd did not like it. They didn't not like it, either, they just didn't care. It was, like, they love Itami but couldn't give two shits about The Ascension and are showing their disgust at the Ascension's evil by ignoring EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS. Itami looked like he knocked himself silly with a missile dropkick, and then Funaki got beaten up by Khonnor and those poor Japanese people are not having a good time of it. Where's REDACTED? This is getting old.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm not surprised. The crowd has already sat through 4 NXT episodes, and the crowd were dead for the entire show. They've already seen Itami and the Ascension that night too. They were also dead for the O'Neil vs. Zayn main event too.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm not surprised. The crowd has already sat through 4 NXT episodes, and the crowd were dead for the entire show. They've already seen Itami and the Ascension that night too. They were also dead for the O'Neil vs. Zayn main event too.

Yeah, generally every four weeks or so theres a dead crowd. No normal human can sit through that much TV. It's the same when TNA tape TV over here, 4 hours is a lot. Especially when you take in segments and constantly seeing the same wrestlers.