NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I've only watched him wrestle maybe ten times or so, but on what I've seen I'd say Sami Zayn's one of the most likable, sympathetic pro wrestlers to come along in ages. Really gets you (well, me) into what he's doing and he's got some decent flashy moves when the moment calls for them. No idea if it will translate to the big shows, but he's pretty much perfect in his NXT performances. The gap in quality between him and Adrian Neville is massive, in my opinion.

• Paid Members

Pretty standard for people to be more excited for these NXT specials than the regular PPVs by now. I think they have been universally praised so far. Only occurring quarterly really helps to build anticipation for them and allows for long programmes to be developed.

Having said that, I'm not so sure that particular match will live up to the hype if that's the way they go with it.

reading this thread has confused me a little, but then maybe I was a little naive in thinking NXT was a much quicker turnaround than it seems to be. So is 4 weeks worth of TV taped at once, in front of one crowd? how often does that happen? once a month I guess?

I read somewhere that Kevin Steen is likely to have debuted prior to the next big event and will be involved.  Be interesting to see what they do with him, but I hope it's something different rather than just put him alongside Kenta & Devitt as a "world famous Indy star". Hoping they think outside the box a bit in terms of a gimmick for him, just pray it's nothing like what Brodus Clay ended up with!

What about the current crop of NXT headliners? Neville, Zayn & Breeze have been at the top of the card a while now. Can anyone see where they could fit in on RAW or SD at the moment? I think they definitely need to do something different with Neville, he's got some amazing moves but his look and character is really bland. Zayn will always have that plucky underdog thing going for him so they really need to do something with Neville to make fans care. His ratty look could make him an interesting addition to the Wyatt family actually. 

It's a shame the tag division is pretty much non-existent just now because that would be a good place for them to develop their characters on the main roster rather than just get lost in the singles shuffle.

What about the current crop of NXT headliners? Neville, Zayn & Breeze have been at the top of the card a while now. Can anyone see where they could fit in on RAW or SD at the moment?

Wrestling Dolph Ziggler and Cesaro every week for months on end. Hopefully that's not how it will go, but right now, that's how I'd see them slotted in. Neville's blandness might actually work in his favour, where creative feels like they have to come up with stuff for him. I could see him getting the squash push at first, like monsters get and Sin Cara got. I fear that they'd think Tyler Breeze and Sami Zayn are already good enough for popping straight into the midcard wash though.