NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

CM Punk is a million times worse as a name than Dolph Ziggler as well, so blaming Ziggler's name for his failure to reach the top of the game doesn't hold much water. CM Punk is the kind of stupid name that if he'd never existed and some lad in NXT just debuted with that name, everyone would laugh him out of town and WWE would have to come up with a new one.

DC Hardcore coming out to Minor Threat would be tucked away on Superstars

Seth Rollins probably submitted that multiple times as his new name when he went to FCW. Like my mate who, when applying to secondary schools, wrote his first choice as his first and second choice, because that way you have a better chance of getting it.

• Paid Members

I think Maxwell knows it's a bad name, it's testament to Punk himself that nobody ever talks about it being a bad name. Imagine someone bowling up to the telly being called BL Nu-metal though, or DP Country. Ridiculous.

You've invented a great name there and you know it. DP Country sounds bloody great and sleazy, like the lovechild of Jeff Jarrett and Jimmy Del Ray.

Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk are at least names with connotations. Nick Nemeth on the other hand is vanilla as. Don't get the obsession with real names, the last thing I want out of wrestling are a load of people whose names could be on the teamsheet for the local university rugby side.

I dunno, Nemeth is an unusual name, and it alliterates and you could do a lot with the Double N for logos and that.

It's not like his name was Phil Brooks.

Edit: just realised they should have changed Punk's name to Phil Card   :D

Edited by Loki