NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Balor impressed the shit out of me.

What about Itami? Is he still not looking up to scratch?

Itami's alright, really small though.

For me, everyone upped their game for the Balor debut, but he was clearly the star rather than Itami.

Never seen that middle rope forward flip that Kalisto did, which was nice.

Worst thing for me is Neville and his measly little kicks, come across so weak and pointless. Even Zayn struggled to sell a light kick to the shin.

Will NXT ever tour? Be good to see live

Balor impressed the shit out of me.

What about Itami? Is he still not looking up to scratch?

Itami's alright, really small though.

For me, everyone upped their game for the Balor debut, but he was clearly the star rather than Itami.

Most definately, it was a crackin little tag match.

What height is Balor? Id say 5'9 which would make Itami 5'6?

• Paid Members

It does? I thought it was all filmed at Full Sail?

The TV shows are, but NXT then does house shows in other venues across Florida.

Any-who, I’m now able to read this thread after watching this week’s episode. I can’t remember the last time I was invested in a wrestling show where I’ve purposefully avoided spoilers.

I feel bad for Alexa Bliss getting her nose busted open, but not surprising as it’s been said Sasha Banks has a reputation for working a bit stiff and WWE are trying to get that out of her. Not a bad match, but a little short.

I don’t know the name of the backstage interviewer who was doing the segments throughout of the show but I’m not a fan. She has no… gravitas in her voice. She just sounds like she’s going through the motions. No excitement or anything; she just seems to be rattling through a script or tele-prompt.

I’m enjoying the Lucha Dragons, and that middle-rope, springboard corkscrew plancha Callisto did was magnificent. I watched the NXT replay, then rewinded to watch it again. Murphy and Blake’s TitanTron video was pretty lame. It looks like something from the TNA “Asylum” days. In fact, no. It looked worse!

I like Sami Zayn (who doesn’t?) but the “road to redemption” tagline’s getting a bit hammy. I’m not sure what they’re going to call his next uprising now that he’s failed in his bid to win the NXT Championship. Again.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

I like Sami Zayn (who doesn’t?) but the “road to redemption” tagline’s getting a bit hammy. I’m not sure what they’re going to call his next uprising now that he’s failed in his bid to win the NXT Championship. Again.

Absolutely agree about the 'Road to Redemption' angle. By constantly referring to that they would seem to be telegraphing the whole storyline. At this point, the finish to the next NXT special event just seems far too obvious. I don't think they should ever put the belt on him to be honest, it would work better for his character to fail (be cheated yet again), then get the opportunity for the call up to main roster early next year to continue to push him from the bottom. It would make it feel so much more special should he ever win a title in WWE.

• Paid Members

Zayn to lose by Steen interference is my absolute favourite fantasy booking scenario.

As good as him and Neville was again this week though, it's getting tiresome them spending more of their prime years spinning their wheels in developmental. Surely they have to get called up before the new year?

Neville's not ready for the show. Not sure if he ever will be, there's no natural slot for him on the roster.

Zany they might as well call up, though I still want him to hit the gym a bit first.