NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Feels like maybe they're a few years late with Itami. If he makes it to the roster, I can't see him doing any better than "Kaval" - a few curiosity matches with the likes of Big Show to quiet crowds and the rare decent match against the people you'd expect like Bryan. Just can't see him being a significant member of the roster.

I think this is fair. He was sensational at one point but hasn't been for a while. Be a shame if he doesn't click. 

Is NXT shown on Sky at all? It sounds like a a own could get into.

Yeah, it's repeated loads so I don't know when it actually airs but it's on.

I know I'm supposed to like them because they have a long history on the indies and had 5 star matches in Japan or whatever

Such a wanky thing to say. I hate posts that start like this. No-one gives a shit how too cool you are for shit, just give us your opinion. No-one is supposed to like anything, people just like what they like.

And to other people, stop apologising for your opinion, you fannies! Unless you vote UKIP, in which case, grovel you racist cunt.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

No-one is supposed to like anything, people just like what they like.

UKFF is the only place you've ever seen people on the internet discuss wresting, isn't it?

No but it's the only place I bother to visit often. Precisely because you can come on here and like what you like. I don't think the UKFF can be sterotyped. That's why I've always liked it.

Also, what does it matter what goes on on other forums? Don't bring that shit here!

Edited by tiger_rick

Are you kidding? I've been crucified on here in the past for giving my opinion. I remember being told a while back "you make long posts and you're usually wrong". How can I be wrong when it's my opinion?

So that's why I'll qualify statements like that sometimes, as like an acknowledgement I know it's "wrong". I've been on other forums, the people aren't generally as bright as the ones on here, but then again, there's less arrogant arseholes. It comes down whether you want to have discussions with simple, but nice people, or smart cunts.

• Paid Members

The whole point of a forum is discuss opinion. But on here your opinion won't be wrong because we're all marks or we're all smarks or we all hat John Cena or we all love Hulk Hogan. It'll be wrong because people think it's shit. And you can think theirs is shit. As someone who has grown up on this place from being an irritating little twat, you should know that!

I agree. It's where Neville ultimately fails, though. Every time he's on the mic I cringe. They're trying to lose his geordie accent (case in point - his interview with Michael Cole this week where he calls his mam 'mom') but as a result there is absolutely zero personality coming across. Would he not be better served having a manager who can talk for him, or have him billed as some kind of silent assassin? 

NXT is the development show so it at least makes sense for them to try and have him develop a personality there before he gets to the main roster. At least if he gets to the end of his NXT run and he's none the better at cutting promos, they've tried and they can think about giving him a manager then. Rather that than give him one now and not allow him a chance to practice talky.

I agree. It's where Neville ultimately fails, though. Every time he's on the mic I cringe. They're trying to lose his geordie accent (case in point - his interview with Michael Cole this week where he calls his mam 'mom') but as a result there is absolutely zero personality coming across. Would he not be better served having a manager who can talk for him, or have him billed as some kind of silent assassin? 

NXT is the development show so it at least makes sense for them to try and have him develop a personality there before he gets to the main roster. At least if he gets to the end of his NXT run and he's none the better at cutting promos, they've tried and they can think about giving him a manager then. Rather that than give him one now and not allow him a chance to practice talky.

I should have been clearer mate, I meant if he gets on the main roster.

• Paid Members

So that's why I'll qualify statements like that sometimes, as like an acknowledgement I know it's "wrong". I've been on other forums, the people aren't generally as bright as the ones on here, but then again, there's less arrogant arseholes. It comes down whether you want to have discussions with simple, but nice people, or smart cunts.

I agree with that, I come to this forum precisely because it doesn't have that hive mind "IWC" mentality you see repeated everywhere else - but there are definitely times where "dem wans" are overcompensated for and you get everyone tripping over themselves to join in on whatever the current UKFF hate figure is.

Edited by Benno

The whole point of a forum is discuss opinion. But on here your opinion won't be wrong because we're all marks or we're all smarks or we all hat John Cena or we all love Hulk Hogan. It'll be wrong because people think it's shit. And you can think theirs is shit. As someone who has grown up on this place from being an irritating little twat, you should know that!

Yeah, I see what you're saying there. Sorry for coming across a little cuntish myself in my reply to you. There's a few posters I'm not too fond of here, due to overwhelming negativity in their attitude. Doesn't apply to you, though, Rick, I think you're a decent bloke.