NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

NXT delivers again. The main event and everything that followed was just perfect. I had a feeling Owens would be involved but I thought he'd cost Sami the match but what they done was way better. The bumps Sami took to his neck from Owens were sick. Should lead to a great feud between the two.

Ā 

I hadn't seen any of Kevin Steen prior to last night so not sure what kinda gimmick he plays. But this killer heel looks really good and I think his ring gear actually suits this character. He took a really sore one to the nose like a boss too.

Ā 

On a lesser note, I was gutted the Vaudevillians never won the tag titles!

Absolute blinder of a show once again. These NXT specials this year have been a real brethe of fresh air.

Loved Owens debut, haven't seen any of his work for years (since around 2007 I think) and popped major for his dive. Took a nasty shot to the mush and busted CJ Parker's hand open

E4F0F950-90DB-4097-BCD6-819FD7E1295A_zps

Ā 

Balor seems to have completely eclipsed Itami, seems to be far more over with the crowd.

I'm suprised that Baron Corbin is as over as he is with the NXT-work rate hard on audience. His matches being as short as they are are either a great way booking as a monster or he's green as grass.

Ā 

Oh yeah, and Roman Reigns got booed. I expect a full on spaz from the Royal Rumble crowd when he wins. Have him eliminate Ziggler to win it for maximum effect

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Owens was fucking fantastic. Except for the gut he looked like a million bucks. He definitely comes across as a proper tough bastard unlike say Bull Dempsey who just comes across as a short fat bloke pretending to be a tough bastard.

Ā 

Balor's cosplay gimmick is exactly what he needs. Loved it. Although I didn't like when he crawled to the ring like a snake. Itami is a bit pants though. I always found KENTA to be this absolutely terrifyingly stiff and scary badass dude in Japan, his NXT work is fairly generic and forgettable so far.

Ā 

And of course, not enough good things can be said about the main event. Sami Zayn is just a world class performer and a step above a good 80% of the roster. I imagine Neville is off to the main shows soon, nothing left for him in NXT. I'm glad, he's ready for the big time now.

Ā 

A lot of people have been saying that NXT blows Raw and Smackdown out the water currently and while there's truth in this...if NXT had 5 hours of TV to fill per week instead of one it'd be fairly terrible. I hope the writers of the main shows take note though of NXT's clear basic storytelling and consistent booking can get people over and create special moments.

I actually really liked the 'marking out' chant, it was nowhere near as cringeworthy as the chants the UK crowd gives raw

Ā 

The crowd last night were a proper crowd-they cheered what they were supposed to cheer (ie their heroes and when something awesome happend)

I actually really liked the 'marking out' chant, it was nowhere near as cringeworthy as the chants the UK crowd gives raw

Ā 

The crowd last night were a proper crowd-they cheered what they were supposed to cheer (ie their heroes and when something awesome happend)

Ā 

The NXT crowds try to get themselves over, which always narks me.Ā