NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Fuck me sideways, Kevin Owens at the end! I almost jumped out of my chair. Fantastic stuff! Loved every bit of that show. 

Yeah, I let out a yell at that too, as well as a couple of times in the main event itself. So, Zayn and Owens fued it is. That didn't take long.

• Paid Members

I don't know how or why, but Triple H seems to have decided to book NXT as the best indy spacker promotion in the world. That was tremendous.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Id rather be watching NXT than any raw this year

That was a nasty looking cut on Steen,  

To be fair you look at him and hes not anything to look at, but one show, later he everyone who didnt know him before knows hes a monster.

You say HHH is booking NXT? 

Fire the writing team on raw and let him book it. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

These NXT shows are always amazing. Haven't watched all of it yet, but hear its great. I dont even like NXT most weeks. Its actually pretty dull these days, but the supershows they have every few months are class. Charlottes main roster debut must have made everyone on this roster shit themselves, though. Its almost validation that it doesn't matter how much you are loved by the staff in developmental or have a loyal following on NXT or by Triple H himself, its Vince and Kevin Dunnes decision. Kevin Steen looked awesome, but it amazes me they let him wear Neville Southall's 95-96 shorts. People in ROH were giving him shit for wearing those. Surprised they allowed him to basically keep the same look. Not that I'm complaining. Always thought he had a special kind of look to him. Very different to your average wear, even if his beard resembles Wellard off Eastenders. I hope Vince isn't going to look at half of this lot and go "fuck off" and have them doing jobs to Fandango on Smackdown. They really, really have something in some of these guys. Balor, Steen and Zayn just have a presence about them. Always have had, actually.

As far as who is booking, the guy who writes Smackdown was booking it last I heard. Dusty Rhodes doesn't do anything with actually writing the NXT's TV show these days. He's a trainer who works with talent, not creative. Although Dusty does agent the matches (as is evident with some of the stuff you see on the NXT specials). Its Triple H overseeing a guy who writes it. That's what Raw should be. One or two writers and veterans overseeing it and adding to it. Like Patterson did back in the day.

I'm actually buying into the idea more and more that Vince McMahon has lost he plot altogether. That interview with Austin seemed to show a bloke who had no explination why he made the decisions he does.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Best WWE show of the year? I can't think of a PPV better than this in 2014.

I really hope they release all the NXT specials on BLUray, I know they probably won't because they are a big selling point of the network but i would love these shows in my collection