NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Neville's not ready for the show. Not sure if he ever will be, there's no natural slot for him on the roster.

Zany they might as well call up, though I still want him to hit the gym a bit first.

That's my exact thought's about Neville. I don't see where he fits in just now. Thinking outside of the box they could make use of his rat like ugliness and align him with Wyatt.

Listened to a podcast the other day which suggested The Authority should've took out all possible partners for Cena at the Survivor Series and have him going in alone only for Zayn, Neville, Balor & Itami to show up and help him. That would've been a great way to get 4 guys debuted.

• Paid Members

I think Neville is as ready as he's ever going to be. Hanging out in NXT isn't going to make him any better. I say just chuck him on the main roster. He's never going to be more than a Justin Gabriel type anyway.

Sami Zayn however is definitely ready for the big shows. He's going to be a big star and they need to add him to the main shows bare mid-card soon.

If anybody on WWE's books is going to be the next Punk/Bryan, it will be Zayn. I echo Loki saying that he needs to improve his physique first though.

How would you book him on the main shows? Have him struggle against the system for a year or so like Bryan and Punk did or put him in a tag team and have him rise like Edge?

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Moderators

Normally I see poor physiques as almost a personal affront to me. But with Zayn it really is part of his charm. The friendly face, winning pleasant personality, fun music, and everyman physique. He get's away with it.

I don't think there's ever going to really be room on the proper roster for Neville though. I've half an opinijon that as well as a Developmental, WWE want NXT to be the biggest "Indie" too.

As long as Neville's not living on a pittance, I'd be sound with him staying in NXT mostly. WWE must have plans to call him up soon though, as he's been on the road with the main roster (as well as Zayn) for months. 

One thing they don't do with NXT that I think they should is send main roster wrestlers there to work the house shows. Occasionally they'll put Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel and Sin Cara on, but I'd like them to mix it up a bit and always have three or four on. If R-Truth or Fandango or Heath Slater haven't got a spot on the proper live events that week, put them doing the NXT loop. As much as possible, they should have the developmentals wrestling the main roster wrestlers.

I don't get the physique thing. What I look for in a wrestler is, "does he look like he could beat me up?", and Zayn has that. He's wiry, all tendon strength.

That's ok with indies I guess but WWE's different and always will be. Besides, looking like he could beat you or I up isn't going to do much when he steps into the ring with somebody who *does* look like a wrestler.

Its still an upper body business.  Unlike Linus, I don't find Zayn physically intimidating at all.  You don't have to be built like Hercules in the modern WWE, but at least having definition and looking like you work out.  The Shield guys have set the bar for that I reckon - neither Ambrose nor Rollins are powerhouse wrestlers, but they both look pretty tidy.

Incidentally, I've just noticed that Ambrose is billed at 6ft 4?  That would make him taller than Foley, but the first time I ever saw him was when he confronted Foley at some fan shindig, and he was noticeably shorter than Foley.