NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I wouldn't mind Neville, Zayn, Balor, Itami and Steen debuting on the main show as the NXT 5. Not heel or face per say just a group who are out to prove they are the best.

Actually never mind that's shit

It's not that bad an idea. They need to be heels really as a stable but there is a gap for one after The Shield. A group who can work singles and all sorts of tags would bring a great freshness to the shows. Both Nexus and The Shield got over well debuting in that way so if they did it after WM next year, it would give everyone a lift.

• Paid Members

Hey, it's that NXT thing that I like!

Baron Corbin came out, trying to look mean and moody but he needs to live it a bit more to fully achieve that, if you know what I mean?

He still didn't step over the top rope. YOU'RE SEVEN FEET TALL* (*may not actually be seven feet tall), STEP OVER THE TOP ROPE!

He destroyed Elias Sampson, who has had better days I imagine, in less than a minute. The build is good but he needs to be fed some "name" victims. They can start with Bull Dempsey, who seems to have disappeared.

Sami Zayn came out with a black eye. Made him look like a man who can't quite decide whether to wear guyliner or not. He's through being nice. I hope not, I like nice. Nice is good. Tyson Kidd came out and told Sami he was a failure. Which is harsh coming from him.

They did some back and forth and the upshot is a Zayn-Kidd main event. There were a couple of good comedy lines lost in Kidd's poor delivery, but that's why he's in development, right?

Lucha Dragons up next, against Wesley Blake & Buddy Murphy (who have matching gear but no entrance) in a non-title match. Blake, and especially Murphy, were impressive, and have a good old school (as in 90s, which is old school enough these days) look. Dragons won when Sin Cara did an arse bomb thingy. Seriously.

The Americans got a Mojo Rawley promo. We did not. Rawley is coming back more serious, apparently. Good for him.

Becky Lynch is out next, to face Charlotte. Regular readers of my Raw reviews will know that I hate and fear women's matches, like a UKIP voter hates blacks, but regular readers of my NXT reviews will know that women's matches, like ridicule, are nothing to be scared of on NXT.

Ric Flair's boy is growing on me. I now want her to graduate to Raw and destroy every shitty "diva" on that show in short order. She would become my favourite wrestler ever, and Dick Togo & Eric Embry would understand the demotion.

Charlotte won a decent contest. Yeah, the women are an integral part of NXT and I'm happy with that.

The Ascension said some things about Itami. Unfortunately, they're awful, so it meant nothing. MANAGER PLEASE!

Hey, it's Enzo Amore and Big Cass! There's some discussion as to whether their schtick would work in a bigger league, and I think it would. You'd have to have a strong program planned out, though, so it's an addition rather than a whole.

They're up against the Legionnaires, Hairy & Baldy. Some stuff happened and Baldy turned on Hairy, beating him up for allowing him to become Baldy in the first place. Baldy has a good insane look, and I hope he gets that as a new gimmick.

Because we wuz robbed of an Enzo & Cass match - and they've got to give them a team name, surely? - they decided we should have another match. They called out "Blue Pants", a female jobber who is hot, and who was just excited to be there, and "bluey" took on Carmella, who is also hot.

Bluey is an ex-Shimmer girl and probably could have given Carmella a longer showcase if asked, but probably best to keep it short at this point. Carmella won with a submission.

They're doing a lovely bit where Carmella will hug Cass but not Enzo. Enzo's reactions to that are great.

Backstage, Becky Lynch talks like a man at Sasha, who blah blah blah. Too Diva for me.

Yeah, main event! Sami Zayn is so over, and I count myself in that. He and Tyson go back and forth - Sami hits a Blue Thunder Bomb, Tyson gets the sharpshooter on (which dimishes with each escape) - before Sami hits an EXPLODER~! Suplex into the corner and follows up with a Helluva Kick FTW.

A good show.

• Paid Members

That sunset bomb thing Sin Cara did looked horrific. He practically landed sat Blake/Murphy’s (don’t know which one it was) head.

The Ascention aren’t great in the ring, and aren’t great in promos. Would love to see them with a manager as Linus said. What’s James Mitchell up to these days?

Also, Carmella’s attire. Damn.

I get that the divas matches on NXT are better than the ones on the WWE main roster and I can understand why you hate a lot of the divas like Eva Marie, Cameron etc who are basically only there because of Total Divas now but there's Paige, AJ, Emma, Natalya and Naomi who are great in the ring and some of them even came from NXT. You've got to remember that once on the main roster it's entertainment first, wrestling second.

About nine or ten years ago, she did some kind of interview/lingerie video shoot. It never seemed to turn up on torrent sites, which I hated, but the first time I heard her voice I was glad it hadn't. You couldn't get a wank over that.

dvd_RebeccaKnox_ShootInterview_DVD_LARGE

I just had a quick look at a couple of the Youtube interviews from in between her wrestling days and she still sounded horrendous, but at the time it probably seemed better to me because I had remembered her voice as being like an Oirish James Earl Jones. There's no way they could ever have her speaking on proper WWE TV, is there? I thought that weird "testosterone with a head cold" voice that Chyna and Lita have was bad, but Lynch's is so much worse. Shame too, because she's great looking. Although her shoulders are pretty massive compared to the rest of her body.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I get that the divas matches on NXT are better than the ones on the WWE main roster and I can understand why you hate a lot of the divas like Eva Marie, Cameron etc who are basically only there because of Total Divas now but there's Paige, AJ, Emma, Natalya and Naomi who are great in the ring and some of them even came from NXT. You've got to remember that once on the main roster it's entertainment first, wrestling second.

I didn't see those girls on NXT so I can only judge them on what they do on Raw and Smackdown. And that seems to be have matches that, if they had men in them, would be embarassing for first-year rookies. I don't know what happens between NXT and the main shows but it's obviously having quite the effect!

It's largely down to the Emperor's New Clothes/Albert Wrestled In Japan element, I think. AJ, Natalya and Naomi are absolutely shit, although Naomi's a great babyface on Total Divas -- she's the only one on the show that it's possible to root for. Paige and Emma are no better than mediocre, and usually well below it.

Charlotte Flair seems like a prodigy, but I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out shite on the main shows, like Paige and Adam Rose. Some things just work better in a smaller, cult setting.