NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Linus,  I saw someone the other day in the Raw thread moaning about your reviews.  I enjoy them also, but referring to Iami as KENTAHideo Itami is very annoying. 

To be fair, that's not as bad (yet) as calling Daniel Bryan 'Bryan Danielson' or whatever his name used to be.

Linus,  I saw someone the other day in the Raw thread moaning about your reviews.  I enjoy them also, but referring to Iami as KENTAHideo Itami is very annoying. 

To be fair, that's not as bad (yet) as calling Daniel Bryan 'Bryan Danielson' or whatever his name used to be.

I'm guilty as charged on this one I'm afraid. Not all the time but sometimes I'll refer to him as Bryan Danielson, especially if I'm talking about his earlier work.

It's appropriate too. I like the new name but it hasn't sunk in yet.

Sticking KENTA next to it though every time with it crossed out is going a bit too far.  I do actually still refer to him as KENTA myself because as you say, the new name hasn't yet sunk in

• Paid Members

So in case anyone remained in any doubt that Mojo Rawley was not currently in the good books, this week he rapidly lost by stoppage when the referee decided he wasn't man enough to stick out a Fujiwara armbar from Tyler Breeze because his shoulder was hurt from hitting the post. A FORTNIGHT AGO.

I know, "different style", "different ring", "in there with Viktor", but Hideo Itami continues to underwhelm, for me. "In there with Viktor" is a decent excuse, though.

Kudos to Rich Brennan for making one of the great calls of all time to highlight someone's plight. Forget about "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WOULD SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH?!", it's all about...

"Look at Funaki, his... tie's all over the place!"

• Paid Members

You can't blame Viktor for Itami's timing being off. I'm sure he'll find his feet soon enough. He could do with bulking up though, he looks skinny even by modern WWE standards.

Elsewhere on the show, Enzo and Cassady continue to be one of my favourite things in all of WWE. I know it's a reference that might have gone over the heads of plenty of fans, but that Hey Arnold line was awesome and got over big time with the Full Sail crowd too. Home run from Big Cass. It doesn't even seem to matter that these guys lose more often than not, their shtick is well over. Will be interesting to see whether adding Carmella to the act helps or hinders them, but I'm enjoying the storyline so far.

The Zayn vs Titus main event was pretty good too, I hope Titus sticks around in NXT for a bit. Thought the show was better this week for not having an Adrian Neville match on it to be honest. He's probably the most boring character on the roster.

NXT is such a better show than either Raw or SmackDown these days. No wasted segments and because you don't see everybody every week you don't get sick of seeing them. The sad thing is, it's getting to the point where I don't want to see guys move up to main roster any more, which isn't the way it should be at all.

I know it's been probably been asked before, but who writes NXT? I know they use (or have used) Full Sail students for production, I wonder if they'd give some Arts students a shot on NXT creative? That Hey Arnold reference would be too obscure for Raw or Smackdown, and I can't see the likes of Dusty Rhodes coming up with it. It works perfectly with a crowd of uni students though, because we grew up with Hey Arnold on TV.

On Itami, I haven't seen the match yet, but I read a report that said he got concussed during the match. It would explain him being off, anyway.

I've got to catch up on NXT, I've dropped off since Takeover II with so much going on in life. It was my favourite show on the Network, but I've just been going through archives in my free time lately.