NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Really enjoyed the show. They are doing an amazing job with NXT and it's about to get even better with the additions of Devitt, Steen and Kenta. Not the biggest fan initially of the 'Hideo Itami' name, just 'Kenta' is cool as fuck but I'll get used to it. They are clearly really high on him and I'm glad they are keeping him looking bad ass. 

The main event was a lot of fun. I'm not sure where those four guys fit on the current WWE roster but hopefully they can find something for them to do. Matches like that belong on big PPVs. Was that a heel turn by Neville? Could be really cool if they go with face Sami Zayn against heel Neville for a while. Gives Neville a chance to show some character to add to his impressive move set.

I've got literally no time for Bull Dempsey and Mojo Rawley. Not sure what anyone see's in them.

• Paid Members

I need to start watching more NXT, whenever I've watched these specials of their weekly show, it's always a good show. Plus, more Renee Young.

By the looks of it, I'm the only person that likes Mojo Rawley. A shame a bloke that looks like he dressed up as Taz for a meet and greet, squashed the man with the best ring gear in the company. Bull Dempsey is horrible.

The Kenta name change means fuck all to most WWE fans, but I agree it's nowhere near as cool (or easier to say/chant) as Kenta. Oh well, he looked like the Don on this show.

Oh aye, Enzo Amore and the other bloke come across as some awful Attitude Era parody, where they have a never ending list of catchphrases they have to rattle off during a promo.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Just watched Takeover II. Not as great a show as the previous live specials, but with Kenta's debut and the awesome fatal four way, still highly entertaining.

One of the first things I noticed was the ring announcer (JoJo from Total Divas). She must have been doing a lot of squats in the past year, because I definitely don't remember her having a booty like that!

So looks like Ascension are going to the main roster. I'm not too high on them, but I think their hard hitting style would mesh well with the Usos (like the Wyatts). Also, Ascension vs. Dust Bros could be fun once WWE realise what a big fuck up they made in turning them heel.

That "Lucha! Lucha!" chant makes me cringe. Kalisto has some crazy high flying talent, but I think he needs to dial it back half a step, he moves so fast it seems a bit reckless.

Kenta did look like a boss. I think the easiest solution re: his name change is to just have it as Itami. Much easier to chant. I like how they're making him look like a massive fucking deal. I've never seen him wrestle, although I know Bryan and Punk stole some of his moves. Can't wait to see him wrestle next week, so it's very effective hype.

I'm surprised they rate Bull over Mojo. They're both equally shit, but Mojo has the look that WWE like.

I like Enzo Amore, first time I've seen him, but he seems fun. Big Cass I've seen a few times and I don't particularly care for him.

Charlotte and Bayley had a decent match, not as good as Paige/Emma or Charlotte/Natalya, but it was better than most of the main roster Diva matches. Charlotte needs to work on that moonsault, the landing was woeful.

That main event! Everyone worked their ass off, and the cool thing about NXT is that the way they structure it, anyone can win the belt depending on who they want to put on the main roster. I thought Neville might have been dropping the belt based on the big spotlight he got on Raw. Kidd, Breeze and Zayn are all at the top of their game, and I'd be happy for any of them to win the belt, so I bought into a lot of the near falls (sorry, Joe Rogan). Brilliant stuff.

It looks as though they might go the tired old route of turning Zayn heel out of frustration that he can't win the big one. I hope not, he's way too likable. Neville, on the other hand, would be great as a cocky, opportunistic heel, which was hinted at a bit as well. Interesting times! Heel Neville vs. Kenta/Itami would be a treat.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

Anyone gotta pic of this new ring that was talked about, couldn't find an image of it. Also do the NXT specials be on sky on the NXT slot or are they just on the network?

It's not a new ring per se, it just has an LED unit on the side facing the hard camera that replicates what's on the tron during intros. This is as good as I can get at the moment without going through the entire show again looking for a decent camera shot of it

2FCB774F-EEE7-4612-AB48-BFF74C83D13C_zps

Tonight's listing is for NXT Takeover and is 2hrs tonight on Sky Sports 3/3HD at 11:30

Edited by WyattSheepMask

It looks like Baron Corbin might be getting his spot now anyway, I actually enjoyed his quick demolition of CJ. Super finisher.

I'm glad they're doing something with him now, thought for a while that he has good potential and a convincing look.

It's a shame Shaul Guerrero left again (due to an eating disorder apparently), because the plan was to pair them up. Looked great together:

baron-corbin-new-gimmick.jpg