NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I had high expectations but that.. was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Main event was very good but again the women's title match absolutely stole the show, that was just incredible. The crowd nearly hindered this with some boos for Bayley at the beginning but she definitely silenced that lot, once the crowd was super hot that definitely helped it a bit but it would've been a terrific match in front of 50 people too. Just all around brilliant, by far the best women's match I've seen in WWE. And the four horsewomen? Way better as an attention-capturing angle on Raw than this muddled Team PCB, Team BAD crap, I hope they realise this and that that wasn't just a (understandably) kayfabe breaking.situation. Women's wrestling will prosper with proper match time and angles that don't confuse or annoy us, fuck the doubters.

Christ, what else. Was always gonna love the Liger match. The big pop for Blue Pants was surreal and brilliant and that match was great fun, I wasn't so sure about the Vaudevillains a few weeks ago but this feud with B&M has really worked for me, a lot thanks to the work of Alexa Bliss.

Joe/Corbin was also good, a bit slower paced than most of the matches and you do wonder what a 2004/05 model Joe could be like in this kind of match, but still good stuff, the video package before was ace, been nervous watching Joe kind of losing relevance since his big entrance but this should give him a kick in the right direction. Nice finish too, although I've never understood why refs just ring the bell never seem to do the dropping the arm 3 times thing for pass-out finishes. Don't think I've ever seen that.

All the randoms with ringside seats was a nice touch too. Kana was there? Sign her up Trips!

Edited by sj5522

Women's match was fantastic! Bayley plays the sympathetic babyface excellently and Banks is just one of the most consistent performers in all of WWE right now. Great showing!

Surprised no one has mentioned this awesome news:

WWE® NXT® TO TOUR UNITED KINGDOM FOR THE FIRST TIME

STAMFORD, Conn., August 22, 2015 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced today that, for the first time in history, NXT will embark on a seven city tour of the United Kingdom from Thursday, December 10th through Wednesday, December 16, 2015.

NXT’s tour of the United Kingdom will include the following locations:

· December 10: Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle

· December 11: The SSE Hydro in Glasgow

· December 12: Sheffield Arena in Sheffield

· December 13: Empress Ballroom in Blackpool

· December 14: Capital FM Arena in Nottingham

· December 15: Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff

· December 16: The SSE Wembley Arena in London

“Coming off NXT’s biggest event in history, NXT Takeover: Brooklyn, we are thrilled to announce our first international tour,” said Paul Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative. “The tour marks a major milestone in the continued expansion of the NXT brand.”

NXT’s tour of the United Kingdom will feature appearances by NXT Champion Finn Bálor, Samoa Joe, Bayley, Tyler Breeze, Dana Brooke, Emma, and more.*

“On behalf of all the NXT Superstars and Divas, we are extremely excited at the opportunity to perform for the WWE Universe in the UK,” said NXT Champion Finn Bálor. “I look forward to the opportunity to return to where I started my career, giving fans new memories that they will never forget.”

Tickets for the NXT tour of the United Kingdom will go on sale this Friday, August 28 at 9AM GMT through Ticketmaster.co.uk or Ticketmaster Charge By Phone by calling 0844 844 0444. Customers outside the UK can call +44 161 385 3211. For more information, please visit WWE.com.

*Card subject to change.

NXT pulls out another blinder (not a Finn fan reference).

Opener was great fun. Liger was clearly having a whale of a time and Breeze was the perfect prissy foil. Bit surprised at the result, but in a match to pop the crowd and set the tone, it worked and gives Tyler even more ammo for TV. Fuck y'all, Liger's music was boss.

B&M are probably the best tag team in NXT. They don't have the quotability or gimmick look of many of the other obviously-themed teams, but they are absolutely rock-solid. Everything about them is annoying as fuck, but in the good 'just stop, you pricks' way, from the headache-inducing entrance, to their shitty head-bobbing dancing, to their super-smug facials and, yes, the fact that the hottest girl on the roster wants to hang out with them. Loved the Iron Man style attire, and top marks to whichever saint oversaw the cut of Alexa's trunks. Excellent work. Blue Pants was a good surprise, and took the edge off the lack of Enzo and Cass in this position.

Joe seems much more comfortable and over in a big crowd setting. After the opening lockups I was worried WWE might have done their booking mistake of thinking people want to see monsters avoiding clashing a la Goldberg-Lesnar and Henry-Ryback, but the match really opened up in the second half. Both looked tough as boots and Corbin actually had a good showing. I quite like the idea of Joe as mentor to Baron, wrecking machine to wrecking machine, anything because I find the idea of a 6'8" Muscle Buster terrifying.

Obligatory best-Womens-match-ever post. Sasha comes back from the main roster even better than before, and The Four Horsewomen, although a clumsy name, is a real head-slapping why-the-fuck-didn't-they moment. The only negative thing I'd say about the NXT Women's matches is that they tend to fall apart a bit when they try to bring the 'innovative' high spots (Sasha' top rope knees was pretty feeble after the build) but the story and character work (Bayley's hand) are absolutely incredible, totally believable and more engaging than the movez. I've slammed my hand in a door, I know how much that hurts; I've never been flipped backwards onto my head from 8ft, I get that it's dangerous but I don't know how it feels. But yeah, great lineup visual at the end.

Balor continues to be a competent athlete with a flash entrance, but WHAT AN ENTRANCE. Great twist on the please-stand-up doppelganger trick. Character and story was carried by Owens, and I loved that the big spots were ladder variations on the guys' usual, rather than making shit up for the occasion. Kinda disappointed that Balor didn't try a combined footstomp-belt grab attempt as he was so close. Owens' Sami pisstake was brilliant.

Time to get in the queue for London in December, methinks.

Edited by CavemanLynn

Owens' Sami pisstake was brilliant.

What was it? I missed that part.

The woman's match was incredible and the best Woman's match I have ever seen in WWE. I've never liked Bayley but the fact she can blow me away in one night is incredible. Sasha is fantastic. Best diva on the books.

• Paid Members

The women's match was easily the best thing on the show. It shows the importance of telling a good story over "moves", because some of the exchanges were Bellaesque, but it was such a strong story that you still got sucked into it all, despite some ropey spots in the match.

WWE do a lot of good things on NXT, but aye, Liger's music was terrible.

Owens' Sami pisstake was brilliant.

What was it? I missed that part.
When the crowd started the Ole! Ole ole oleee! chant, Owens did Sami's entrance armswing, but made like he'd popped his shoulder. Ha ha ha.

Haha that's fantastic.

I'm definitely going to go to the Wembley show. Shame Owens and Sasha will be long gone by then.